Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Surprise



Shirt: J. Crew outlet
Locket: gift
Skirt: Levi's outlet
Moccasins: Minnetonka

An otherwise quiet, commonplace type of day was pleasantly interrupted by an unexpected package,
a sweet little message included on the invoice
and the floral tights I blogged about a few weeks ago!
All of this was the kind work of my older sister. I couldn't believe my eyes at first. So sweet and so thoughtful! Thank you again Sister Sweetness (because I know you're reading ♥ )!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

great tights! and i love your necklace

Unknown said...

May I borrow your sister for a wee while? Because my older brother is paling in comparison.

Raquel said...

you got an amazing sister! lucky girl!
cute mocassins and I love your hair!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh so very congratulations with your new tights. Your sister sees like the best!
Your locket is very beautiful, darling.
xx

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Jayne - Thank you :)

Ana - Haha, only if she wants to be borrowed ;)

Raquel - Thank you for your compliments! :)

The Yellow Elephant - Thank you :)

Ariella said...

That's so, so sweet of your sister indeed! And the locket you're wearing is so darling :)

Elizabeth said...

your outfit is adorable. :]

Lexie said...

awwww sister love <333

milk said...

Those new tights are cute! And I love your Moccasins!

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Ariella - Thank you! :)

Elizabeth - Thanks!! :)

Copperoranges - I feel your sentiment exactly! :)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Milk - Thanks!! :)

muchlove said...

Thank you :)
Those tights look brilliant! Your sister is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

awww...thats so sweet!!! can i adopt you sister? i can't wait to see how the tights look.
xoxo,
Micaela

Amelia said...

I love the 3rd picture. Cute shoes!

That's so sweet of your sister. It almost makes me wish I had siblings.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Muchlove - You're welcome :)
And thank you!!

Thedrifterandthegypsy - Thank you! I have all sorts of ideas swirling in my head about how to wear them :)

Amelia - Thank you, I had fun with that one :) Having siblings is great, but I'm sure being an only child has its perks too :)

kadler said...

Wow, you have a great sis.

And now, some great tights!

chelsea said...

Yay for surprise packages! That is so sweet. You have a great sister there, be sure to hang on to her.
Can't wait to see you wear those tights!
Also, LOVE the moccasins. My mum used to have a pair just like them when I was little, except they were pink and I've been wanting a pair ever since.

Anonymous said...

Love the first picture... it's so beautiful... and your necklace is very nice, too.

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

K@ - Thanks :)

Dearilou - Thank you! I've seen the pink ones, they sure are cute! :)

Nadine - Thank you very much :)

yiqin; said...

THe details on your shoes are SO pretty!

Raquel said...

I am reading it now and loving it! :)
xx

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Yiqin - Thank you! :)

Narumi said...

Your sister is so sweet..Sometimes I wish I had one !! I love your necklace :)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Ambroisine - Thank you! :)

tis serendipity said...

Your sis is so sweet. =) Gosh that really made me smile. Lovely lovely floral tights! Can't wait to see them on you in an outfit post soon!

There's something about vintage/second hand stuff that I like which has got to do with what you said -- the history of the item. It's nice to know that there's a sense of continuity in something that you have which belonged to someone else.

Btw, I've moved to blogspot! =) Hope you won't mind updating my link--
http://tisserendipity.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

tis serendipity - thank you! i'm always glad to make someone smile :)
i love what you said about the continuity of vintage & second hand items -- that's exactly it!