
This morning I am sipping my coffee from this delightful mug featuring the cover of the February 20, 1926 edition of The Saturday Evening Post. The title of the illustration is "Cup of Coffee" and was done by Scottish born magazine illustrator Penrhyn Stanlaws. I acquired this newly favorite mug of mine from a small department store's Summer blow-out sale. I can't remember exactly what I paid, but it wasn't much more than $1.00
Below are a few of my favorite illustrations Penrhyn Stanlaws contributed to The Saturday Evening Post during the 1920s and 1930s. Images are sourced
here.
Cup of Coffee February 20, 1926 | Cup of Coffee March 24, 1928
Purple Posey May 22, 1926 | Pink Rose Bouquet June 18, 1927
Snowball Fight February 18, 1928 | Girl and Water Lilies September 7, 1935
13 comments:
these are adorable! a very chic way to sip
What a darling mug. I love great cheap finds like that. I have been drinking tea out of my new Martha Stewart mugs (plain white) poured out of my new Martha Stewart tea pot (white with a little leaf detail on the lid.) It is making me long for colder weather...
amazing how a mug can snowball some great inspiration!
So adorable! Are all of those images printed on mugs? I hope you're having a good weekend, dear.
i have one of these mugs! i found it at a thrift store not too long ago, and then my mom broke it ... but my sister glued it back! i love it.
oh my, what a delightful mug! I recognize one of those covers because I posted it too when I blogged on vintage magazine covers! Thanks for sharing about Penrhyn Stanlaws.
xx
So so cute. All the ladies are so elegant, long-limbed, gorgeous and glamorous. I particularly love the second one - her hat, green dress, how half her face is obscured. Gorgeous! The mug is definitely a find. You're a thrifting genius ;)
What a cute and adorable mug. Pretty flowers too.
That's an adorable mug you got, wish I got one like this ! And the illustrations are beautiful, I really like the lady with the roses :)
What a cute mug! I love all of these illustrations.
Re your comment: The sunlight filtering through the trees was 100% real. It was quite magical, really.
Oooooh, I love the one from 1926, the flapper style is so inspiring. I love that headband!
Ooh, I love those covers. Especially the last one.
cute mug - and i adore vinatge posters!! great selection ! x
Post a Comment