So, without further ado here is my most recent find -- a beautifully embroidered blouse for 99 cents:
While this blouse is practically perfect in every way (ah, how'd you like that Mary Poppins reference?), I was thinking about tea staining it. What do you think? I'm not sure if I am going to attempt it because the ink on the label has worn away leaving the garment material a mystery. I believe tea staining is best suited for cotton or cotton-blend fabrics. Hmm. Perhaps I'll just look for a more suitable blouse to try it with and leave this one alone.
P.S. I'd like to acknowledge and say hello to my new followers and readers. Hello! *waves* Thank you all for your kind words and comments. I have been a bit unorganized and tardy in returning your visits, but I will soon :)
13 comments:
oh my dear Emily, we sure missed your amazing bargain finds! the blouse is perfect, and I would leave it as it is. tough I never heard of tea staining :O what is it?
that blouse is the sweetest!
Has it really been 6 months? Wow, indeed.
This blouse is so adorable. I love the delicate details
you scored bigtime!
that blouse is beautiful! it DOES have such beautiful, delicate detailing.
I think tea staining could be really nice :) But true, this is a great find and you might just want to leave it in it's own beauty.
I'm hosting a giveaway at my blog. Check it out!
www.leflattery.blogspot.com
xo
flattery
Looks like cotton to me! Tea staining could be awesome. I'd love to see you do it sometime; we could document the process. :D But if you want to leave this beauty alone, perhaps you can find another cheapie to tamper with... can't wait to see what you decide!
Tea stained would be lovely, but I like the white as well. I hope it works out. I've never tried the process myself. With that said, it is only 99 cents.
PS- I haven't sent you a package or a card and I am deeply sorry. I thought I would have found something to send as a late birthday present, but I haven't stumbled on the right thing yet. It will come to me though. It will.
ooo cute top! :D i can totally imagine you wearing it and looking totally sweet with flats and a cardigan...
man i've missed so many posts!! time to catch up on them now...
Hi from Scotland! That's a beautiful blouse - 99 cents, seriously? Oh, I'm spending way too much money in high street stores...! xx
http://www.weshopthereforeweare.co.uk/
I really love this shirt...I'm drooling!
99 cents?? that's such an excellent bargain for a beautiful blouse! I love the way you photographed it, especially in that first photo with the wind pushing it back against the blue sky.
lovely brezzy top :)
Post a Comment