
Can you tell by the title where this post is going? Yeah, no subtly there. Meet Bebe, my brother's new puppy. After adopting her from a local animal shelter a few weeks ago, our home has been energized with her presence. It's been great fun having her around. At seven months old, she's a very sweet-tempered and well-behaved pup. Such a bundle of love!
So, miss Bebe and I had a funny little mishap one morning this past week. After waking up, I took her for her morning walk and upon returning in she resisted going back into her dog crate. I don't blame her really, even though there are nice blankets and dog toys in there for her. With one look at her pout-y puppy face (what can I say, I'm weak), I threw up my hands and let her roam the house while I took a shower. When I emerged a few minutes later, I found her chewing happily on my favorite pair of white flats (pictured here). Oh, they were pretty. Nice and sturdy with a slight raised heel, a rounded toe with sweet perforated detail and a little bow to top them off. It was my own fault, I know, but I had to ask her, "Bebe, why did you have to chew on my white flats? Why not the black ones that were lined up right next to them?" She didn't answer. You see, I'd been wanting to replace my little black flats that are rather flimsy for a pair like my white ones - made of sturdier material and more sophisticated looking. I couldn't justify it though as said black flats are still serviceable. Sigh. What else can I say? Bebe has good taste.
Now, I'm (unfortunately) in the market for new white flats. Do you know how hard it is to find nice white flats? Hard. Maybe I'm just too picky. Here are several I've found so far:

Cutout oxfords from Urban Outfitters (in white, of course)
What do you think?
P.S. I'm still terribly behind on reading, commenting, and returning your visits. I'm working on it. Expect to hear from me soon!
P.P.S. I have some more good things in the works for you guys! Be sure to check back soon! :)
P.S. I'm still terribly behind on reading, commenting, and returning your visits. I'm working on it. Expect to hear from me soon!
P.P.S. I have some more good things in the works for you guys! Be sure to check back soon! :)


7 comments:
While I think the Aldo shoes are fabulous looking, I have to warn you that Aldo shoes are very poorly constructed. Yes, I walk a heck of a lot, so I wear my shoes out fast than most people. However, I wore my Aldo black pointy toed flats and my Payless oxfords probably the same amount of times for the same distances. The Aldo flats fell to pieces inside (the lining was so loose it started to wrap around my toes) and the outside (holes developed in the heal.) My Payless shoes have slight wear to the heal, but have held up remarkably better in all other respects. So sad. I liked my flats.
I like the two-toned wingtip skimmers myself.
And Bebe is adorable. I imagine we will be hearing and seeing her more on this here blog very soon.
you should know that the two tone pair from urban are on back order until october. i tried to get them last week. single tear!
xo
delia
delia. are you my delia? :)
Cute puppy. And the shoes are awesome.
awwww! that puppy is adorable! i cant wait to be in the position to adopt my own dog .. i'll just have to remember to keep my shoes out of his or her reach!
my vote goes to the white aldo shoes! they just seem very *you*.
oh dear I missed reading your blog! well first of all I'm sorry for your shoes :/ but now you have an excuse to buy new ones :) my personal favorites of those are the first, a mix between oxfords and ballerinas, really beautiful! hope everything's well with you!
Ahh, Bebe. What a sweet little menace. Glad you decided to post this story! And personally, I'm partial to the wing-tipped shoes from Urban. Too precious! I think they'd blend seamlessly with the rest of your wardrobe (pun so very intended). :)
Post a Comment