Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hats off

Back in December when I did a guest post for Anna of Much Love I mentioned how she and I have been doing monthly film photo swaps. We choose a theme for each month and send each other our interpretations. Our swap themes can be anything and have varied greatly. ''Blue,'' ''flowers,'' ''looking down,'' and ''texture'' have been a few. The swap is a nice source of enjoyment for me and I love catching the first glimpses of Australian stamps poking out of my post office box! And of course, I love the photos. Our little swap is a year old now, so to celebrate here are the latest photos I sent to dear Anna. The theme we selected for February was ''hats.''

Shades of snow

Bean boots / Green cap

Chambray and cloche

Camera: Nikon FM 10
Film: Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400

11 comments:

Louise said...

What a nice idea!
Getting mail is always lovely ;)
Your photos are creative and lovely too, I like the second one - it's unexpected :)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Such a nice idea... and such a long way for the photos to travel. "Looking down" sounds like an interesting theme!

muchlove said...

I love your winter hats, and the way you photographed them in the snow. So serene and beautiful. I especially like the close up of the bow on that last one.

laura said...

that is so sweet ♥! I love getting mail, and I used to have tons of penpals when I was little. The hats are gorgeous; my favorite has got to be the second one.

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

these are wonderful. the first one is a slice of gentle heaven. the hats are charminly placed

Lexie said...

i love the closeup of the cloche hat! this is a neat little project for sure! :)

Diana said...

this is a fun project. i can't wait to see what you do with summer :)

Ioana Liliana said...

These are all so cute!


Fashezine

Allison said...

Ahh that's so clever! I especially love the second picture... blue is my favourite colour!

Raquel said...

As usual your photography is always amazing Emily, I especially like the last one with the cloche hat, and not because I am trying to get myself a cloche hat haha.
I also can't wait to see your Diana pictures too :)

Also thanks again for the little package, you're too sweet to send all those things, I'll try tonight the lemon tea I think or maybe the chocolate.

Unknown said...

These are incredibly beautiful, Emily. And the fujicolor superia is a perfect choice of film for wintry, snowy, blue photos because I find it always produces a really cool blue tint. How gorgeous!