Even though I am anxious (ANXIOUS!) for warmer weather, I am going to miss my cozy cool weather clothes immensely. I love me some layers and get rather irritated during the summer when it's too hot/humid to wear a cardigan. BUT! There's no need to get worked up over it now as those dreaded days are still some months off. As a farewell to one of my favorite autumn/winter patterns, I've delegated the last few weeks of March as my own personal ''last hurrah for houndstooth.'' The skirt in the pictures below will probably pop up in another outfit post as might another houndstooth garment of mine. Then, sadly, it's banishment to the back of the closet.
Vintage blouse & vintage skirt: thrifted, squirrel buckle: Urban Outfitters (2005)
belt: thrifted, Tights: Hue, Shoes: Aldo
belt: thrifted, Tights: Hue, Shoes: Aldo





17 comments:
OH MY Emily! I LOVE your squirrel belt! It's adorable. And love the whole outfit actually, i am going through a phase of addiction of button up shirts, can't get enough of them which is kind of good for Spring so I can wear them with no jumper hiding it (not that I don't like wearing jumpers with shirts peeking haha).
I am ready for Spring too, here in London we're seeing flowers to sell everywhere and some trees already have some like Camelias, Magnolias and Cherry Blossoms!
GORGEOUS! As a huge fan of houndstooth, I admire your skirt! Lovely outfit indeed :)
Have a lovely day!
Eek! That is the most awesome belt EVER!! Love love love. This is the prefect autumn themed outfit I have ever seen. It works well now, of course, but with an orange leafed backdrop? You have a lot to look forward to with next year when the cooler weather hits.
that belt is so clever, a squirrel is just the perfect touch. looking lovely in your houndstooth skirt! I'm not a fan of winter but winter dressing is so wooly and cozy, I get where your coming from.
Oh! You look so adorable! Like if a wood brownie got a job where she wore business clothes. Hooray indeed!
love houndstooth as well. it's definitely not very summery. and the other day i went and bought a potted orchid for the house!
You look so sweetly polished! And funny you should share this about houndstooth... I was just thinking about my houndstooth skirts and how I barely wore them all winter. Time to break 'em out before it's too late! ;)
I love your skirt and the belt is so sweet. I'd like to have more houndstooth, I only have one dress in that print. I hope you enjoy some warmer weather soon even though I see how you might miss wearing some cardigans.
That squirrel belt rules! Looking great :)
You look almost business-like, Emily! But still sweet. Did you buy the hyacinth in bloom? There's a lot of bulbs on sale here in NZ now and I wonder whether I should go for it. I'm a bit nervous as I've never grown a bulb before.
Such a great outfit, and hat belt buckle is adorable!
hehe, I wish I could grab the back of your closet right now because I could use some cozy cool weather clothes over here! :)
I was wondering at first if your belt was a swan, but of course it's a squirrel! I confess I'm prepared to say goodbye to my winter things for a little while, although I do have a sweater I'd like to get more wear out of (and maybe even a blog post) first. I always enjoy your houndstooth, as it's a pattern I don't have much of. And that coffee colour suits you so well.
But let's join together in a big "hurray for spring!"
That is one of the most beautiful belts I've ever seen. I find it pretty amazing!
And I'm just like you. I'm so happy that spring and summer are arriving but I find winter so much better because I can wear all the layers of clothing that I want!
Hi Emily! Yay, flowers! I like your outfit, the tones are perfect. I especially like how houndstooth is prim and a little preppy but definitely not as preppy as a plaid skirt would be. Your belt is too cool!
that is the most darling belt buckle ever!
Awesome belt buckle!!!
there's something very classic and timeless about houndstooth. and how cute is that belt??!
rockoomph.blogspot.com
Post a Comment