Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Perched


Since I last mused on the subject it is now officially spring, but here in upstate New York we are still caught in winter's death-grip. Seasonal change is a gradual process, I know, and while those icy fingers are recoiling a bit today they will clamp back down again over the next 48 hours. I suppose it's not so bad considering that I'm still on my last-hurrah-for-houndstooth kick. Speaking of which, this is the third time since Saturday I've worn this outfit. Oh, how I'm going to miss this skirt.



I find that taking my favorite autumn pieces and freshening them up this time of year with whites (like last time) or pastels is a nice little challenge. Mixing my two favorite seasons - ah, nothing better! So, I was poking through some dresser drawers the other day and happened upon this minty-green cardigan I bought at Target ages ago and knew it'd be perfect with this skirt. There are some silly old outfit shots with this little baby hanging around somewhere in my archives. It has served me well and I am looking forward to wearing the heck out of it now that it's resurfaced.



Cardigan (old): Target, Vintage skirt: thrifted, Belt: thrifted
Ring: hand-me-down, Tights: Hue, Bass loafers: gift
Sunglasses (old): Marshall's... I think

14 comments:

laura said...

Emily :)

I love that green cardigan on you. It has such lovely details especially the scalloped collarline. And the ring you wear to match is is beautiful! My ideal weather is actually what you have captured in your photos-- a little bit of snow with bright sunshine.

hearts, laura♥
the blog of worldly delights

caitlin said...

i LOVE the mint cardigan and ring with the brown houndstooth. definitely the perfect transitional outfit. the cardigan is just lovely... sometimes target is incredibly awesome!

Anonymous said...

That cardigan is to die for! Looking great :)

Lexie said...

i like that ring! such pretty colors!

chelsea said...

That is such a great sweater.
Yeah, it is still quite chilly here. So cold sometimes I feel like my nose will freeze and break off.

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

the seafoam green caridgan is so wonderful and a great mix with your favourite houndstooth. i was fully entralled by this line: icy fingers are recoiling a bit today- shivers.

emma wallace said...

So pretty and yummy! Such a perfect mix of winter and spring.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I know just what you mean about freshening up autumn staples with more spring-like colours. And I love it when old favourites resurface for another round.

Isn't it freezing? I heard there was maybe more snow on the way too?! Eep!

Rhianne said...

that cardi is so pretty, I love it with the ring!

Courtney said...

i really love your ring with that sweater. such a cute cardigan. i find some of the best things at target.

Unknown said...

The colours are gorgeous together. It makes me think of peppermint icecream and coffee flavoured chocolate. Yum! It's getting a lot chillier here in New Zealand. Your houndstooth skirt would fit in well with the weather :)

Did you ever end up purchasing from Asos?

Imogen said...

I love this skirt so much and you style it so well whenever you post it on your blog. I love the top and the way you styled this outfit for the warmer weather. Your hair looks extra gorgeous here too.

Raquel said...

the cardigan is so darling! love seeing you in that colour.

mandyface said...

Pretty!! That cardi is so sweet!