Sunday, May 22, 2011

Simple Sunday


It was far too chilly to wear shorts today, but after putting this on I was too lazy to change. After taking these photos I headed over to my grandmother's to watch baseball. I threw a denim jacket on while running out the door and decided I liked my outfit better with it, but was too lazy to set up my tripod again. Lazy was most definitely the word of the day. As for the baseball, it was the New York Mets (our team) against the New York Yankees. The Mets let their 3 to 1 lead slip away in the 7th inning. It was painful to watch, but Mets games usually are.




Levi's jacket: thrifted, Shirt: Bass outlet
Necklace: Forever 21, Shorts: Target, Shoes: Zara

P.S. Isn't that little necklace funny? I thought so.

13 comments:

chelsea said...

"It was painful to watch, but Mets games usually are." Ha ha! Love it.
Super cute shoes and that necklace is adorable. The little glasses make me think of Enid in Ghost World.

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

love the pop of colour with the green flats, the denim jacket suits it perfectly! that necklace is funny, nerdy glasses get me everytime

TrophyBoutique said...

Nothing boring about green shoes, that's for sure! You look cute and fresh!

Louise said...

Lovely necklace, Emily! You wear pigtails without making them look too cutesy - a fine talent to have :)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

It's pretty perfect for a lazy Sunday, I would say. I actually wish I'd been so simply decked out, since sometimes even a skirt is just too much effort...

I love your green shoes, and the little glasses are definitely humorous. I'm sure we'll all have a similar accessory on a chain in about fifty years, right? So good you're getting in some practice. ; )

Raquel said...

Remember that outfit last summer that I called "Lazy Day"? Well I just remembered that when I saw your pictures, it is something so comfy, perfect for a weekend and still look nice. I think you commented saying lazy but pretty anyway and that's what I really think of this! The little touched like the colour and cut outs of the shoes and the fun necklace give the right touches!

PS: I so need more green in my closet! I know I said that in winter but now I need green for spring and summer too! ;)

PPS: And yeah, shirts buttoned all the way up is something that I'm really into right now, which makes me very upset when I find pretty blouses/shirts that don't have buttons all the way up :|

laura said...

I have been having a string of lazy days enjoying my freedom from school! I think summer is for lazy days though, despite it being still a tad chilly....

I love those shoes! The cutout pattern is just lovable! and the green is such a unique shade!

Ps. I don't watch baseball (anymore) but when I did, I was a huge Yankees fan. But only because of Jorge Posada.
♥laura
the blog of worldly delights

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Your shoes are so cute! And I love that necklace!

Rhianne said...

hehe it is funny, and so cute! I love it and the shorts, I can't wait until its warm enough for me to waear some :)

amy said...

you are such a classy, and beautiful dresser. I adore your femininity x


sweetness xx
hope to hear from you*!
www.amyflyingakite.com

Kass DeBoer said...

Radical necklace.

xoxo mama wolf.

Imogen said...

I adore your green shoes so much, a fabulous touch of colour.

Diana said...

eeep! your glasses necklace! leaves me speechless from the charm!