I was going to include some lines from a Longfellow poem to accompany these recent sunset photos until I remembered that it's titled Sunrise On The Hills. My brain and reality were about 14 hours removed from each other, apparently. I can still talk about Longfellow though, can't I? Last summer I found a delightful edition of his complete poems at a town-wide yard sale. The woman whose table I found it at sold it to me for half-off and told me she was happy to finally meet someone else who enjoys Longfellow. I thought that extremely nice of her considering that for a book published in 1902 and in very good condition she could have easily charged me an arm and a leg for it. Her full asking price wasn't even a lot - $5 whole dollar and she would only accept $2.50. Thank you kind yard-sale woman. Since then when I need some solace from things, I gingerly open up my little book and read to my heart's content. I always fall asleep when reading Evangeline, though. I will make it through to the end one of these days!
On another note, I'm surprised at myself for not taking my outfit photos in this spot more often. In my previous post I was standing somewhat adjacent to where I am in these photos, but this post is the only other I can recall where I've set up in this exact locale. And a few other posts have featured a scene several yards off as my background. As you probably gathered from those last few sentences, I have a fondness for this hill. Beautiful and secluded, it is a panorama of unrivaled views. Well, at least in this sleepy town anyway.
Top and cardigan: Target, Skirt and belt: thrifted
Sandals: Seychelles, Locket: flea market
Sandals: Seychelles, Locket: flea market





12 comments:
i have those sandals! ;)
A little book locket to go with your poetic musings... how perfect! I think you look perfect for an afternoon of wandering and reading in the hills.
In my literature classes, Longfellow always got a bit of a of a bad rap for being so much more successful than some of his more talented contemporaries. As such I've never read him, but maybe I should rethink that snobbery and give him a try! : )
Very nice sandals, by the way. Are they new?
What a friggin fantastic locket! Have I seen that before? I don't know, it is beautiful though.
Sorry I have been MIA on the blogosphere lately. I don't think I've commented on your posts for a little while, even when you are so lovely to post on mine. I've been taking an unofficial break from the internets. Almost all my latest posts have been pending for weeks. I just quite facebook and it has miraculously kept me offline more. I was getting kind of addicted.
I think a letter is in order soon.
Oh a 1902 book? That's a treasure, even though I have no idea who Longfellow is but such book must be tresured!
I really like your peaceful country outfit. The details make it perfect. I love that necklace, it's darling. And the sandals are very nice too!
MY niece is named after 'Evangeline!' what a beautiful poem. Anyway, I love those sandals, and what a great skirt.
What a great, classic spring outfit! I love your skirt:) xx
beautiful hills! :D Love these pics and your skirt!
xx
www.sickbytrend.com
I love your outfit!!
Your sandals are beautiful! and that locket is just darling! What a steal with the Longfellow book as well! I am ashamed to say that I think I've only read one of his poems... "Hyperion" and I don't even remember it that well...
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
A beautiful spot and you look lovely :) Such a sweet necklace!
I just adore the picturesque view coupled with your lovely outfit, and poetry. wonderful skirt, the locket is especilaly nice. I love deals, yard sales and the return of bartering are always great!
I love these pictures!! Especially the first one. Your outfit is lovely and the sandals are just too cute!
Post a Comment