Shirt: Target, Necklace: self-made, Skirt: thrifted
Belt: gift from Erin, Shoes: H&M
Belt: gift from Erin, Shoes: H&M
Sometimes I have a hard time separating certain textiles from certain seasons. Somehow it feels odd to be wearing corduroy (albeit a fine wale) in late spring (especially since we've already had an early & unpleasant taste of hot humid summer - ugh), but this skirt's fabric weight was quite perfect for this past Saturday. It was warm, but not too warm and the air quality wasn't oppressive. My grandmother even mentioned how much she liked my skirt and remarked how the slightly-above-the-knee length was always her favorite. She spent her twenties in the mid-to-late '40s and early '50s, so having her tell me she likes my stuff is always a treat. Everything was so nicely made and impeccably tailored back then that one looked good without even trying. I'm sure that ladies of that era didn't always feel that way, though, but I digress.
P.S. I'm reallyyyy excited for the new Bon Iver album that comes out two weeks from today! I've been listening to the Blood Bank EP and the newly released tune ''Calgary'' nonstop for the last few days. Can't wait!



11 comments:
Ooh, a new Bon Iver album... awesome! I've just got that song up on youtube, and it is pretty great!
Also, grandma approved items are great. Grandpa approved items less so! Last time my grandfather told me I looked "so classic" before I went out, my sister gave me an I-told-you-so-face and I went and made some changes! But I wholeheartedly agree with your grandma!
Thanks for your offer. I'm going to think about the dress for a bit and try to talk myself out of it. But I know I'll be livid if it sells out!
Oh, and that last picture is just beautiful. : )
Oh it looks beautiful! I absolutely adore your skirt! (It gets my definite approval too!)
x
www.lostinthehaze.com
(Have i already said this?) I thrifted that exact same skirt! What a coincidence! :)
i am obsessed with "calgary" too!! it's beautiful.
That is a pretty skirt! I agree with your grandmother about just-above-the-knee length =) It's so cool when someone of that generation compliments an outfit. Also...reading this post reminded me of the awesome blog Advanced Style (advancedstyle.blogspot.com). For some reason I wasn't following it yet, but now I am!
Your grandma is totally right, just above the knee skirts are the best. My grandmas don't comment much on my clothes but I get so much inspiration from old pictures of them, especially my mother's mom.
Corduroy is great in Spring too! I wore my cord red skirt in London during spring but now in Portugal is too hot for it so I left it there.
Oh and I can't get enough of your photography, that last picture is amazing!
Lovely skirt, Emily! :) And the above the knee cut suits you so well! I am more of a super short skirt gal, but only because it helps with the illusion of added height. hahah.
And poop to the humid heat. I can't stand it, so I bum cool air off of the library most days. :)
I'm also looking forward to the new Bon Iver. For Emma is my best loved album. And you look sweet as always, Emily! Demure but still pretty. No wonder your Grandma approved :)
I always enjoy it when my grandma approves of my clothes too.
I really like your skirt and I'm the same way about seasons. Sometimes I hesitate, but if the weater says go than why should it be so out of place?
Happy weekend! xx
Is that lupin? I love lupin, it always makes me think of that children's story Miss Rumphius and how she would walk the country side scattering lupin seeds.
The skirt is lovely. And a corduroy skirt wouldn't make the annoying sound that corduroy pants do.
Post a Comment