Oh my goodness. Could it be? A wearable Edwardian-inspired frock that's so incredibly lovely it's hard to believe it's actually real? Yes! Is anyone else a little envious that their great-grandmothers, when girls and young women, wore such bona fide things? (Well, with exception to corsets. I like my natural waist and all of my ribs, thank you.) When I look through my great-grandmothers' (two in particular, Elsie and M's) photographs I am overcome with a sense of wonderment at the intricate beauty of it all. For me, three generations removed, their world seems almost like a dreamland. I may be able to read their books, peruse their scrapbooks and photographs, wear their brooches and hear stories about them, but wearing something similar to what they would have worn (at roughly my current age) is connection on a whole other level.
Dress: J.Crew, Sunglasses: TJ Maxx, Sandals: Delia's
I was very fortunate to find this dress on super sale a few weeks ago. That in itself is almost unbelievable. It's still selling online for 3-times what I paid for it. Yikes!





17 comments:
I am now convinced that J Crew has the best dresses ever! This one is so you and I am happy you got it and at a low price :) These pictures are amazing and I can't stop but thinking how peaceful and pretty you look Emily!
YAAAAAY :D:D We are twins! Strange, Edwardian twins of the best kind! You look so gorgeous!
I might have to get it in duplicate, because it's on sale way way way again now and I really want to have several.
It is a gorgeous frock and I agree the details are so beautiful and intricate. I'm always afraid of wearing white dresses, however. How do you go about not spilling tea on it on a daily basis?
a wonderful little intricate detailed number. what endears it even more is the ancestral connection, for a piece of their era to be carried by you is a marvelous connection.
I can't believe that is a J. Crew dress! I mean, J. Crew makes some gorgeous clothes, but wow, it really does look Edwardian. These photos are beautiful, and I love your side braid and ribbon with the dress!
I love how into the Edwardian era you are! I feel like this about the Victorian era - but wearing big brocade gowns and full corsets isn't very practical.
Edwardian era is my favourite, so elegant and romantic! and this post is so darling :)
Yay, I can't wait to be a triplet! It looks as lovely on you as in the original post that caused all this madness. : ) I love the detail shots, the little gingham bow, and the mood of sunny tranquility throughout these photos. Absolutely beautiful.
I LOVE this dress. The details make it so delicate and splendid.
This dress is BEAUTIFUL! I know what you mean about antique clothes!
Stunning! I am with you on those lawn dresses and I feel the same way about 1920s styles too.. precious and fragile like butterfly wings
That's from JCrew? Wow!!! I am amazed! It's really screams Emily! I love it on you:)
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
Love the dress =)) Such a nice blog.. am a new follower here, follow me if you like hihihi =))
http://sittieinthecity.blogspot.com/
That dress is SO gorgeous! You look wonderful!
That Edwardian dress is so beautiful and perfect on you Emily! x
That dress is so darling, I love its vintage antique quality. And the lace detailing is beautiful!
Sincerely,
Sabrina
Oh my, Emily! This outfit is the most darling I have ever seen, right down to the little check ribbon in your hair. (And the perfect braid!) I adore it. I too agree about Edwardian outfits being absolutely wonderful - not so practical maybe but I love that you have found a modern day version that can be practical!
Oh and I agree - most places years abroad are optional but not when you major in a foreign language, at least in my college! Look forward to future letter writing :)
Post a Comment