Saturday, August 27, 2011

On a clear day


It feels like ages since I last did any sort of wardrobe documentation. In reality it has only been three weeks. To be honest, part of me didn't even feel like taking these photos (don't worry, I'm not going to stop blogging or anything. I've just been feeling a little "meh" lately), but the inkling was partially there, I had some free time and I was wearing one of my summer dress splurges. And by splurge I really mean that I watched it like a hawk and bought it on sale. My only gripe with it is that it's not the pretty shade of green it appeared to be online. The lining is, but it's not possible to wear it inside-out. I wasn't sure about wearing this dark olive green cardigan over it, but my little white one was crumpled up in my laundry pile. However, I was certain about wearing these traditional Catalan espardenyes with it. My blogging friend Emily of Ruby Slipper Journeys so graciously sent them to me while she was in Barcelona not too long ago. They have more than satisfied my yearning for an espadrille summer shoe (it had been far too long since I owned a pair) and I spent the day imagining that I was wearing them somewhere near the ocean... walking along a pebbly beach or on a jetty, perhaps.


Cardigan: Target, Dress: Land's End Canvas, Locket: antique mall
Sunglasses: TJ Maxx, Espardenya shoes: gift

11 comments:

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

I love love love the colour of your dress <3 And your tie up shoes are oh-so darling!

x
Lost in the Haze

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

The light is so beautiful in these photos! And the olive cardigan looks really nice with the dress. I love green and blue together.

laura said...

how sweet of your friend! I absolutely love them on you! I don't usually like espadrilles, but the color of these ones AND the ribbon tie-up make the pair AMAZING!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Unknown said...

Oh I know what you mean about not being in the mood for outfit photos. It's a phase which strikes often every year :) I've learned to just let it happen naturally instead of forcing it (as in thinking of an outfit, location, etc etc). Nevertheless, you look beautiful as always, Emily. I've missed visiting your blog :)

Raquel said...

You sunny pictures make me miss the sun! You look so pretty and it was really sweet of Emily to sent you the espadrilles!
I hope you're safe regarding the hurricane!!

Katie said...

Love your shoes, so cute! xo

Rebeccak said...

the greens are gorgeous in that landscape!

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

marvellous dress, even if its not the exact colour you had imagined its splendid nonetheless. I've had the blogging "meh" feeling plenty of times when it becomes a bit to routine and no one wants to be bound to their own blog.

chelsea said...

I love those shoes! Lucky girl! And I think the dress is a very lovely color, though it is a bit of a let down when you expect one thing and get another.

Imogen said...

Love your dress so much, it is a really beautiful colour. I think that everything goes so well together and that is a great colour combination. How sweet that you got shoes from Emily of Ruby Slipper Journeys. I'm going to write you a letter this week.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I certainly understand the meh feeling, but I'm glad you took these pictures. The dress is just lovely, although it's a shame about the colour. But anyway, I think blue and green are great together. Haha, looking at the shoes on you I think I may have to buy more when I get back to Barcelona. : )