This installment of Trash to Treasure comes to you in the form of ceramic donkey planters! I repeat: ceramic donkey planters! Yes, all exclamation points are necessary.
Aren't they darling? The one with the hat (!!!) is my mother's. We've loved this little guy for a few years now and have had plenty of laughs over him. As for the other, I pressured Mom into buying it (I haven't decided its gender yet, haha) on one of our thrift store trips. There it was sitting behind the glass case at the register looking forlorn and calling our names. I don't know anyone else who would even entertain the idea of collecting donkey planters. Perhaps it is a little odd, but I am okay with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
How hilarious! I wonder how many are out there? I've probably seen one before, but it isn't something you would think of specifically looking for. Weird and silly.
These are cute and pretty unusual! I think I would have had to buy the second one, too, if I already had one donkey planter.
They are very popular in the Amalfitan coast, Italy. If you are thinking of starting a collection you have to go to Vietri sul Mare where you'll find hundreds of them in the ceramics shops
These are so cute!! Don't know why but they remind me of my grandparent's house in the portuguese countryside :)
Oh they are darling! I wouldn't mind keeping plants indoors with those adorable planters!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
These are amazing! I am so jet-lagged I read this as 'treasure tot rash'... but no, absolutely trash to treasure!
Trash to treasure indeed. I don't even know where to start on ceramic donkeys, except that I love donkeys! I even have one myself, but he pales in comparison to these planters... no hat, no wagon... what an amateur!
omg!! these are totally effin adorable!!
xx
Oh, donkeys are so cute! I love these. Great find, as always, Emily!
P.S. I nominated you for a blog award!
http://iamemmamusic.blogspot.com/2011/08/i-feel-like-teresa-wright.html
Haha! Too cute! Will be even nicer with some flowers in the back!
I love them! I collect mid-century planters. No donkeys yet. My friend Anna has some though. Very cute.
exclamation points are definitely needed for this one! its just adorable, donkeys have embedded themselves a soft spot in me.
Brilliant :) Hope you're not making them cart around plants that are too heavy for these guys ;) The top one actually looks uncharacteristically contented for a donkey. :D
Post a Comment