Friday, August 5, 2011

With quiet eyes


"I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.

I will look at cliffs and clouds
With quiet eyes,
Watch the wind bow down the grass,
And the grass rise.

And when lights begin to show
Up from the town,
I will mark which must be mine,
And then start down!"

-Afternoon on a Hill by Edna St. Vincet Millay
Cardigan: Target (old), Top: H&M (old), Locket: antique mall
Vintage belt: thrifted, Skirt: Old Navy, Shoes: Aldo

14 comments:

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

Your blog is so sweet! I love this =)

Xavi said...

endless forest... relaxing image.

Rebeccak said...

So green! Stunning.

Unknown said...

Perfectly paired! And thank you for reminding me of Edna St. Vincent Millay's poems. I remember reading one years and years ago and now I must find more.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy these pictures so much! So beautiful =) x

Sarah Knight said...

Lovely : )

Anonymous said...

You, my dear Emily, are a poem.

♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights

Rhianne said...

perfect :) I love everything about this post

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Another one of your lovely tranquil photoshoots in the evening light. Not a poem I was familiar with, so thank you.

chelsea said...

Is it cool enough for cardigans yet? Not here and I do miss wearing mine so.

Raquel said...

Oh Emily, green really is your colour! The green top and the green peaceful setting is so you! You look lovely :)

And, I replied in my post, but if you didn't see it, you comment on the "Goodbye, Hello" post made me blush! Thanks so much dear! You are too kind :)

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

I love these pictures! Such gorgeous outdoor scenery! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Gabbi said...

Lovely photos and outfit Emily! I love the pairing of green and brown...

Imogen said...

It looks so beautiful and warm there. Lovely outfit and a great place to take pictures.