Monday, September 12, 2011

In Good Company

This summer my brother and I created a weekend tradition for ourselves: going out for breakfast followed by visiting the local flea market. We've been doing this steadily (though not every weekend) since the end of May/early June. It's been rather nice, especially since he and I don't really hang out otherwise or spend a lot of time together. On top of that, the pickings at the flea market have been pretty good this year. Here are some of my favorite finds from the last few months. You'll notice a theme here as I tend to gravitate toward jewelry and accessories. I have to tell myself multiple times to stay away from the glassware and tea cups. Paper ephemera can be dangerous as well ;)

Photobucket


10 comments:

Imogen said...

I always love the items that you find they are beautiful. I adore the detailing. My favourite is probably the second one with those sweet flowers. I love the idea of having those regularr outings with your brother that is a very nice idea.

Diana said...

I agree with the above commenter- you do have an eye for the cute! i always get overwhelmed with flea markets- so much to look at! You must have a very patient brother- mine can't stand even going to the grocery store :P

Sara Kristiina said...

I like that flowerbrooch, so pretty :)

chelsea said...

That is so nice that you and your brother can share that. I wish my brother and I could do something like that. I talked on the phone with him last night and it was quite awkward as he is 15 and not a big talker.
My favorite of you picks is probably the chickadee pendent, though the deer comes in a very close second. How cute!

Joy Soltys said...

The chickadee pendant is so precious! What great finds!

laura said...

That's sweet! :) My siblings live so far away from me, and sometimes I wish they didn't so I could bond over stuff with them! It's also much easier to cajole family members to shop with me than my husband or friends (mostly bookish and don't shop at all) !

I adore that cat brooch! It's so elegant and chic. The deer one is very glam Bambi :)
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

All of these things are super adorable, especially the bird pendant and deer pin! Oh wow! The next time I go to my local flea market, I'm going to have to really look for cute jewelry instead of sticking to the clothes!

X said...

I have a real weak spot for brooches...they can transform a really simple top. Some amazing finds here...I particularly love the floral brooche!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I love nothing so much as a good tradition... some of my happiest memories from Vancouver were weekly (almost) brunches with two good friends, and I love everything family-oriented. It looks like you found some lovely pieces Emily. I'm always very impatient with jewellery stalls, though as you know, I have rather a soft spot for jewellery itself. : )

muchlove said...

these are all so sweet! Oh, the blue eyed deer. *swoon*