Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The unmistakeable November gray (and taking outfit photos at odd angles)

The clamor of raindrops is all to be heard this afternoon. An incessant din that swathes the landscape: damp yet comforting, gray and unmistakeably November. A fine mist has settled amidst branches and the tops of trees, having first swirled in like steam rising off a teacup. The saturated grass boasts a shade of green reminiscent of Spring despite its impending sleep. Today feels like a prime candidate for a poem.



Sweater: Forever 21, Locket: antique mall, Ring: gift from Emily, Skirt: Old Navy, Shoes: Aldo

11 comments:

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

I love the ring <3 What a beauty!

x
Lost in the Haze

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I know just the kind of day you mean... in fact we've been having quite a few around here too. And that ring is blending in to the landscape rather well! I rather like those pointy shoes too... a little retro and a little witchy...

Anonymous said...

Grey Novembers, indeed. But I kinda like them. They're perfect for adorable outfits like the one you're wearing! I love those shoezies.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

chelsea said...

Awesomest ring ever!
And great poetic tribute to November.

Imogen said...

Love the jewellery. I adore your sweater and the shoes are so sweet.

Raquel said...

Again pretty pictures! The ring and locket seem like the perfect simple accessorizing things to that lovely black white and shades of brown outfit! Absolutely lovely, and as much as a November landscape can be sad, it is also so beautiful!

Franca said...

My november is surprisingly mild! Lovely ring!

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

Cute ring! x hivenn p.s enter my $200 shopbop giveaway?

Lidiya said...

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous, love it <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

Courtney said...

such a gorgeous locket. i love it.

SymbioticLife said...

I'm new to your site and I love it. I love the overall feel. I love the awkward outfit posts. I'm so glad I found you through delighted laura's site.