Friday, April 13, 2012

A quiet morning reading Frost

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Sweater: H&M, Vintage dress: thrifted, Shoes: H&M

Untitled
I have been on a Robert Frost kick recently and got caught up in this poem, Spring Pools, this morning. I kept poring over the words and images embedded in these few lines and really found myself feeling them. I may be wearing a springy dress and not wearing tights, but don't let that fool you - the air was chilly despite the sun. Birds and little bugs were out, but really, let's not rush the change of seasons too much. While I love full-blown spring as much as the next person, let's hold on a bit longer to that winter thaw. It's an awfully nice little span of time (though we didn't get much of one this year, I can pretend and enjoy this poem all the same).

10 comments:

his_girl_friday said...

Poetry is the best.

Raquel said...

These pictures are so nice! I especially like the second one! Really lovely, Em!

Natalie Leung said...

such a pretty post, love the chair. now following!

natalie
http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It looks like you just sprung out from a poem, Emily. Beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

It sounds perfect and it looks perfect! Look at that glorious sunshine! I confess I'm not the biggest fan of a season where you want to go bare-legged but it's still too chilly for the most part, but Robert Frost is an excellent way to read through spring...

Emmett Katherine said...

Your photos are so spring like, love that first one, very creative :) beautiful.

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

i'm loving the sweater over the dress, and the chair! such a cute idea.

also the clarks, i don't wear them for long periods, or that often, but they aren't uncomfortable or comfortable. i put in the cheapest insoles target sells and they don't bother me any.

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Gorgeous shots and the location is beautiful! x

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

trishie said...

Beautiful photos. Loving the trees in the background. Looks like a peaceful place to read.

Unknown said...

Miss you, Emily! Wrote you an email and hope you get it.