Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly

Untitled 
Bluebird of happiness

It wasn't my intention to stop blogging so abruptly, but as eluded to in my last post the life I knew up until this past spring changed in an instant. I couldn't think much further beyond meeting my basic needs, hence hitting the pause button on this little space of mine. In the days and weeks that followed I was deeply touched by the messages I received via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and even regular mail expressing concern when the reason behind my hasty departure wasn't even known. Your kindness helped to lift my heart and for that I genuinely thank you and yet wonder if those two simple words are really enough to express the gratitude I feel.

I have taken the last few weeks to get to know myself again. I am slowly finding joy and comfort in my own interests and hobbies. It feels strange to even think that the life I led before a certain day in April no longer exists. It has become part of my past and now I have to use all that it holds to guide my future.

All of this has been to preface the following, and it isn't easy for me to say by any means: for the last 2 months+ I have been grieving the loss of someone I love dearly and deeply. I am grieving the loss of someone I never thought I'd have to grieve over so early in our lives. I am learning that my grief will be a lifelong process, that even though I will always feel an emptiness, my life will begin to work around it and regain a sense of peace.

Despite my sadness, the summer holds many promises of fun that I can happily say I am looking forward to: day trips and long weekends with friends, baseball games and free plays in the park, the new Batman movie, lots and lots of ice cream, family time, kayaking, flea markets, parties, concerts, etc.

Thank you for sticking around to read this. I hope to resume blogging here at Resplendent Tranquility soon.

Until then,
Emily