Since in the past this has been a sometimes-personal-style-blog, I thought I'd give the ol' self-timed outfit shoot thing another go. I'll admit that it felt a little odd running back and forth from the camera again after not having done it for about 5 months. On the other hand, I did seem to enjoy it (in a loose sense of the word) and was pleased that it didn't take me too long to get a few decent photos.
Right. So, this ensemble is a variation on my go-to summer outfit theme: a nice shirt/blouse paired with shorts. For whatever reason I couldn't be bothered with skirts or even the simplest of sundresses much this summer. Or, at least not more than once or twice a week, if that. They just seemed too fussy (which is odd, I know, especially since many consider them fuss-free!). Maybe it's because I wish that spring would run into autumn bypassing sticky-humid-summer all together. Alas, I dream in layers ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Summer is totally over here, I love seeing your pictures. The first one especially!
I've been really enjoying pared down simplicity myself this summer, and wore shorts a lot. In particular here I like the shoes; I feel like I've been trying to get a pair of sandals like that for a long time. For some reason though, I'm incapable of wearing long-sleeved tops with shorts... my body is determined that I'll be either too hot or too cold.
I love this outfit. I, too, have not been wearing the sundresses I used to. While I can just pull on a dress, I cannot a) ride a bike easily in it, b) feel comfortable climbing a ladder in it c) sit cross legged in it, d) e) f) ... There are many things in which a skirt inhibits you. I still love a good Girly dress, but pants/ shorts have been much more practical for me this summer.
I've missed your outfit posts. I love how these photos turned out. You always have the most beautiful sun-lit pictures, Emily. And I seriously love those sandals.
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights
Dresses have felt too frilly and fussy for me, too, lately. Ever since I bought those Vans, I've been living in skinny jeans (when they fit!), trousers, shorts and sweats as much as possible! Dresses? Skirts? Meh; I can't be bothered. Although I am wearing a dress today. :P Feels out of character. Perhaps this is what growing up feels like?!? ;)
Post a Comment