Friday, September 7, 2012

Big City Afternoon

Last Wednesday, my friend Erin and I spent a long, but fun-filled day in New York City. I took the train downstate the day prior to meet up with her and from there we embarked on our adventure.

Untitled
Light fixture in Grand Central Terminal
 
We didn't journey to the city to sight-see (though we did a little, of course. It's inevitable!) or to shop (again, inevitable, especially if one counts window shopping), but rather to see the Broadway production of Once.

Untitled

Untitled

Having been fans of the film for quite a few years now, we were eager to see how the story would be adapted for the stage. The production was still filled with the beautiful, raw, and honest songs fans of the film know and love (and also included a few new ones). I felt the writer did a fine job at re-telling the story and enhancing the plot with scenes and dialogue the film only leaves to imagination. We left the theater wishing we could see it again!

Untitled


Untitled
Clearly, I was entranced by light fixtures that day! The interior of this particular theater was really lovely.

After Broadway, our excursion also included a little meandering through Central Park and a stop at Ladurée on Madison Avenue for some scrumptious macarons.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
L- R: vanilla, dark chocolate, lemon, and salted caramel. 
Consumed quickly and therefore not photographed: rose, violet, and coffee ;)

At dusk, we said our goodbyes to the city, caught a train that would take us to the family home we were staying in, and sleepily chatted while munching on veggie wraps and samosas.

Untitled

6 comments:

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

Your photos are always so gorgeous...these really make me want to go back to NYC. I've only been there once!

chelsea said...

Sounds like a fantastic day! I especially like the macaroon photos. I dream of someday finding some vegan macaroons, I do miss munching on them.

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of that movie! I will have to go search for it now then convince my husband to watch it with me! Is it that kind of movie?

Also, call me ignorant, but I didn't know that there was a Laduree in NYC!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Rhianne said...

ohh, I knew they had once on broadway, I'm so excited that you went to see it and loved it :)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

What a perfect day out! I didn't know that Once was now a Broadway musical and I'd love to see it. I thought the movie was charming and real... I hope they didn't change the ending!

I still can't decide what I think of macarons, but salted caramel sounds scrumptious. Clearly, more research is in order!

muchlove said...

Emily, it sounds like NYC was a lot of fun. I'm so jealous that you got to see Once! The movie is one of my favourites ever, and I didn't even know there was a Broadway production of it.
Nom nom! Those macarons look deeelicious. Salted caramel is a flavour new to me, do you like it?

x