Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunflares and a goodbye to summer

Untitled

Well, I thought I was on a roll with this back to blogging thing, but apparently I have some work to do. I took these photos a few weeks ago now (a day or two after I took the photos for my previous post) when it was still warm enough to wear shorts without tights and the leaves were just starting to tint yellow. Since then the seasons have officially changed and the hills are teeming in bright color.

Untitled

It's been a nice season so far, as Autumn usually is, and I've spent the last few days scheming up and researching new recipes to try. Most of them include pumpkin in some way. In fact, there's one I plan on jotting down as soon as I finish this post with the hopes of making sometime this week. Maybe I'll share it here, too. A few years back I wanted to try incorporating recipes more on this blog, but it never amounted to much. Maybe one here, maybe one there. Let's see what these cooler months bring.

Untitled

Untitled

Looking back, this may just be my favorite outfit from the summer. I had it dreamed up in my head for a while, but unfortunately only wore it once. I think I picked a pretty good day for it, though. I don't know, as shallow and trivial as it sounds some days and some outfits just don't mix well. Anyway, this blouse is, without contest, my favorite purchase all year. I love the pintucks (which I didn't manage to get a clear glimpse of in any of these photos) and all the little lace details. I'm hoping to get another few wears out of it before it goes into closet hibernation...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

6 comments:

summertime dreams said...

You're right though, some outfits just don't fit some days.
Speaking of pumpkin - I just had pumpkin pie ice cream :)

kater said...

Oh goodness, the light in these is stunning!

chelsea said...

Are you kidding? I don't think this top need go into hibernation, what about cardigans? Maybe I just can't tell how thin it is, I've had a few of those types of tops. The would be perfect for layering, but...
Oh, and my flannels are totally big and shapeless too. My trick: roll up the sleeves (this makes the arms look less baggy) and trade out buttoning the bottom button for tying a bow (this gives you a waist, where previously you had none!)

Anonymous said...

MOOOOORRREEEE RECIPES. YES. I have been spending a lot of time in my kitchen lately, but I never seen to get photos of what I'm cooking up there. It's difficult when all you want to do is eat it! hahaha.

I love love love the details on that top, Emily. and those shoes are just plain gorgeous!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Unknown said...

Oh your tapestry flats are beautiful, Emily. And what gorgeous light to take this pretty photos in. As for pumpkin recipes, what about pumpkin donuts with maple cream cheese icing from one of my fave food blogs? Swoon! http://www.flourishingfoodie.com/2012/10/pumpkin-doughnuts-with-maple-cream.html

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I thought I was getting good at visiting blogs again, but apparently not. Funny how Autumn is such an insane time of year. The blouse is fantastic, and the tapestry flats too. I do so love tapestry clothes.

How are you doing?