Friday, November 30, 2012

A knack for knick-knacks

I have spent much of today enjoying the heat from the wood stove and the company of my four-legged critter friends. It has been a pleasant, unplanned day off spent at home. Yesterday I was asked to work later than my scheduled shift and nix working today. I welcomed the opportunity of a complete day to re-charge and not think about too many extra things (it has been a regular occurrence for me since the summer to work seven days in a row for a few weeks at a time). I have, though, saved a little extra brain space for blogging and decided to share my newest (and, honestly, completely unnecessary) little collection of vintage salt and pepper shakers. My sister will agree when she reads this that the last thing I needed to do was start up a new collection of something, but I couldn't resist these wee gems when I spotted them at various thrift stores and flea markets this past spring-summer-autumn. Could you?

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

My knick-knack loving heart is quite content with these four and I think I could resist any further acquisitions, unless that is I come across another pair of squirrels... or some little skunks!

5 comments:

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Those cats are so adorable! I'm trying to de-clutter but whenever I see something like this I just want to get more stuff!

chelsea said...

The all white cats are my favorite. I've been trying to pick up less knick knackery, but it is very difficult. I want to surround myself in my home with things that make me happy, you know?

A said...

Adorable trinkets!

Anonymous said...

you would be insane not to start a collection! Those are indeed such darling gems! I really LOVE the cute kitties the mostest, especially with their little lashes and adorable collars :)
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights
the shop of worldly delights

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I certainly wouldn't be able to resist the teapots! I do try to avoid knick knacks for the travelling reason... although books have started sneaking back into my purchases, curses!