On the 11th, our beloved family dog passed away. She lived a good, long life and would have been 15 this year, which is common of her breed's lifespan (Border Collie/Shetland Sheep Dog mix). The house feels terribly empty without her presence and sweet temperament.
Fast forward a little to about mid-month. It was then that I had to fax my university a semester withdrawal form letting them know I would not be attending the classes I had signed up for. Sigh. I'm just another citizen of the world feeling the recession blues. My plan is to return to university in August, but the fact that I am not there now has me bummed. I'm trying to remain positive by telling myself that this is just a little "hiccup," but sometimes that is easier said than done.
Song for the moment: "Chin Up, Cheer Up" by Ryan Adams
With all this extra time I now find myself with, I have outlined a few things to help fill the hours:
- Enjoy vast amounts of literature
- Start painting again (I've missed this and it might just become therapeutic)
- Volunteer somewhere
8 comments:
Aww, I'm sorry January wasn't the greatest month for you. I'm glad January is over so we are closer to spring ;o)
Enjoy you tea!
Awh.. I'm so sorry for you.. She looked so sweet.. I also believe that she was a very sweet dog.
aww...i'm glad then that january is over. i wish this whole recession is over. i feel you on the money thing my dear. i hope you're february goes well! :)
i am so sorry about your dog! losing pets can be harder than one imagines.
I'm sorry about your wee doggie as well as not being able to get to university! Fingers crossed it is just the January blues.
This Ryan Adams' song is perfect as it is.
In terms of enjoying vast amounts of literature, have you checked out librarything.com? It's a social networking site but about books! Weeee.
I am so terribly sorry about your dear pet. I know what it is like to lose one. Missing the pitter patter of little dew clawed feet.
I toast with you (though my tea is herbal raspberry), to a better month. Here is to you, February. Let you be greater than January (and if not, at least you are shorter?)
Time flies eh. I rmember we were just celebrating new year's eve not long ago! It's alrteady FEB!
Oh, no! What a cute dog. You must be devastated. I hope the economy turns your way so you can get back to schooling. Here's to February being better.
Post a Comment