Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I need to renew my passport

Lately I have been immersed in BBC mini-series. Last week it was The Buccaneers, this week it is Wives and Daughters. Not only do I find the story lines refreshing, but they help take my mind away from other matters; I'm not so sure if that is a good thing or not right now, but that just happens to be the way it is. I get so swept away by the idyllic scenery and find myself yearning for the day that I can take a tour of England. Life has become somewhat drowsy for me as of late and I long for a new experience to rouse my senses and heighten my liveliness.

One place in particular that I would like to visit is Efford House near Plymouth, Devon. Used during the filming of Emma Thompson's Sense and Sensibility, it is another cottage similar to the one of my dreams.

(Photo credits)

The cottage is one of seven properties on the Flete Estate in South Devon. The most charming photo gallery can be found here. If you do decide to check the links, do not be fooled by the page error - just use the navigation bar at the top :)

Where do you dream of visiting?

8 comments:

Ariella said...

That's such a pretty cottage. It would be wonderful to visit on a nice summer day. Travelling is amazing, really. I have so many places I would love to go to... it's a never ending list.

Jen said...

I was just watching antique road show the other night (is that really really nerdy?) and they had a montage of all the places they had visted, castles and cottages and lovely lovely places - i would love to explore Britain etc, i love castles and victorian architecture!

Blair said...

It's sooo charming! That type of house definitely pops up in my dreams constantly... :)

<3

Unknown said...

I think this house is perfect for you, Emily! Your blog completely reflects who you are and want to be that I feel I can say that with all honesty.

I dream of going back to Paris and watching the sunrise from one of the bridges.Failing that, Prague or Istanbul.

Lavender said...

so pretty. I lived in Yorkshire for a few years and I miss the landscape all the time.

Lauren said...

I love stone cottages. Right now I really want to visit either Spain or Germany.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That cottage is so pretty. I would love to visit some of those sites...number one for me is India though...I am DYING to go there!

milk said...

That place is so gorgeous! I love it! Wives and Daughters was also really amazing! Love your blog!