
An old friend accompanied me yesterday while I was out and about running errands. Rilo Kiley's second full-length album, The Execution of All Things, (released in 2002) has been one of my favorites for the better part of this decade. Every time I listen to it the songs are just as fresh and exciting as when I first listened to them years ago. While I've enjoyed all of Rilo Kiley's releases throughout the years, this remains the one I return to the most with its cheerful melodies and brilliant vocals provided by Jenny Lewis and Blake Sennett.
With that said, one of my missions yesterday while I was out was to buy a box of chamomile tea. My supply had been depleted and I had a $1-off coupon for the Celestial Seasonings brand. In addition to having a coupon, this particular brand was on sale at the market - yay! Whilst scanning the shelves for my selection, I came across this box o' tea:
Honey vanilla chamomile?! I was tempted to purchase it and see what my taste buds would think of such a flavor fusion, but instead stuck with my original plan of action. Has anyone ever tried this particular product? Any thoughts on it? I may venture to try it one day as it seems tastefully pleasing.(Photo sources: Amazon.com, RiloKiley.com, and CelestialSeasonings.com respectively)
6 comments:
ever since i read a girl's description of hot tea tasting like bathwater, i cant seem to muster up the courage to drink some. i know, this is awful!
I like the honey vanilla chamomile. But then, I used honey to sweeten my tea and love vanilla. The honey-vanilla isn't overpowering at all.
Also, I have been listening to The Execution of All Things on repeat for, like, a week.
I'm not terribly familiar with Rilo Kiley, but I like these pictures. Don't tell, but I sometimes buy CDs based entirely on their cover art. They usually turn out to be pretty good, too.
My brown flats are a relatively recent purchase, but they were on-sale when I got them, so they're probably gone by now.
Pretty much all of my pictures lately are on my campus. I can't believe how many pretty spots there are! I've wanted to take pictures in front of those brick cut-outs for ages.
honey vanilla chamomile sounds very relaxing and peaceful. I imagine it would be sweet and herby at the same time. I'm partial to a really robust chai tea myself - as a chocolate replacement ;)
I love Rilo Kiley! Such a great band. I've never actually had that type of tea, I'm not a huge fan of chamomile tea. sually I stick with green and peppermint, but one time my family and I had some sort of flowering tea like in Marie Antoinette, that was really good.
The honey vanilla chamomile is pretty dang good. If you like chamomile, I think you'll like it.
Post a Comment