Thursday, April 16, 2009

Color vision


Sweater, skirt, & shoes: H&M , Tights: gift


Bracelets: ZuluGrass
(click photos to enlarge)

I am still waiting for flowers and color to liven the landscape. On Tuesday I took matters into my own hands by wearing my floral tights and adding colored accents to my head, wrists, and feet. The ZuluGrass bracelets I am wearing are a product of The Leaky Collection which utilizes natural elements (such as grass and fallen wood) to produce eco-friendly handcrafts. Based in Kenya, the sale of these items helps provide economic opportunity to the local Maasai artisans and their families. Be sure to browse the website and check out all of the beautiful products available. The store locator is also a useful tool for those in the USA to find shops that carry items from the collection.

16 comments:

Erin Cathleen said...

Yay! I love your ZuluGrass bracelets. So happy to see them again! :) I have a few flowers in my yard. I'll be sure to snap a few pictures and post 'em soon. Surely your landscape is about to blossom! (No, that is not some cheesy metaphor. Hee.)

<3
Erin

Diana said...

I love your tights and I need to check out that company. I am always up for supporting a company that helps others.

Juuli Linnea said...

Cute blog!

elena-lu said...

oh the tights im so in love with the tights!

Raquel said...

thank you darling :) I really want a red pair, but my student budget does not allow me to buy them :| I have a similar gray ones from mango for now though!
oh I love your tights and shoes, well the whole outfit!
and you're so lucky, I have flowers but it's raining a lot these days!
xx

Lexie said...

my friend's fraternity recently sold beads of life bracelets (a similar charity) ... they were quite lovely! i like the color accents in your outfit.

chelsea said...

I just love those tights!

muchlove said...

Thanks for sharing about the Leaky Collection! It sounds awesome, and I'm going to check it out right now.

Loving your tights too :)

Ariella said...

Those bracelets look really nice. Thanks for sharing! I love your shoes, too :)

Annie said...

your tights are so lovely!

I really like your blog, and the Iron & Wine song you posted a few weeks ago is so gorgeous.

http://anniediamond.blogspot.com

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Love your tights!

Andrea Eames said...

Still loving those tights! :)

Unknown said...

Emily, I have passed a blog award to you. Here's hoping the flowers have sprung for you!

Jen said...

Wow, those tights are perfect!!

Narumi said...

Those bracelets are lovely, I like that they are made from natural elements, will check this website ! Nice tights, I need to find me some floral ones too :p

Noelle Chantal said...

those bracelets are very nice! and from very interesting materials. thanks for sharing this one. by the way, those floral tights is just sweet. yes, perfect while waiting for the flowers to blossom in your garden hehe. :)