Today has been a fairly commonplace and ordinary kind of Thursday. After washing up, I combed the tangles out of my hair and moved my part over a bit, giving my forehead a break from the swoosh of bangs that usually drapes across my face. In the wake of this absence my bobby pins and headbands, which usually go to work once said bangs give way to annoyance, are out of commission for the day. I pulled a soft, green t-shirt from my dresser drawer to wear with a pair of faded jeans and a white cardigan. I drank the remainder of the morning coffee still warm in the pot and washed the dishes left in the sink. After a bit, I spent some time on the sofa with a book and then turned my attention to the internet for some job searching.
Now, the television in the background is playing the New York Mets vs. Cincinnati Reds baseball game. Top of the 5th inning. Game tied at 4. With my ears tuned to the play-by-play, I sit placidly playing a game of solitaire with Peter Rabbit:

7 comments:
My favorite kind of day, save for the sports on tv. Cute playing cards! The only deck I own are Elvis themed.
What great cards! As a kid I was (and I still am, kind of) a huge Beatrice Potter fan.
Those Peter Rabbit card are adorable! I wouldn't mind spending hours playing with those cards.. or just staring at them. I love Peter Rabbit.
i right like thursdays myself. :)
Eep! I love Peter Rabbit!
OH! Where did you got that Peter Rabbit card playing set?! I adore Peter Rabbit! I have 2 Peter Rabbit cuddly toys since I was a baby. And I still have them in my bed and I'm already even 17! I so want a card playing set like that..
This is a very lovely description of a rather mundane day. I love the cards!
Post a Comment