(Click to enlarge photo of book. I ♥ the cover illustration!)
Every two weeks for the last few months I have been renewing The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady from the library. By reading only a few pages at a time, I have prolonged the unparalleled enjoyment that comes each time I open the cover.
In January 1906, Edith Holden began a year long diary chronicling the splendor of the seasons as found in her little corner of the English countryside. The pages are teeming with her own illustrations and paintings as well as endearing poems and verse. Best of all are the acute daily observations that only a charming naturalist such as Miss Holden could make.
Please respect that all the images shared on this blog are my own unless otherwise noted. I ask that you contact me prior to using my images elsewhere or at least provide a link back to my blog. Thank you!
For the time being, this blog is advertisement and sponsorship free. Questions? Feel free to contact me.
16 comments:
what a neat book! i think diaries are so fun to read .. and this one has illustrations!
this book looks so great and the year you have it is even better!
That sounds like such a lovely book. I'd like to read it too.
I also really like your pretty blouse and the shoes hanging from the twigs!
Wow, that looks like a beautiful book!
I can't wait to get this book! Thanks for this little teaser. I'm sure it'd be really nice to do a modern version of this. Except I can't draw!
You look lovely!
I want this book! It looks so fascinating. I love diary books, and it's even better that it's English and with beautiful illustrations.
You're looking lovely :)
What a sweet book, I want to get my hands on a copy. Lovely shoes as well.
love your darling shoes!
and that book is so lovely! the illustrations are goreous
Copperoranges - It's great! :)
Diana - Yes, it is! :)
Ariella - Thank you! I think you'd like the book :)
Blair - It sure is. It's also very relaxing to read :)
Ana B. - I hope you don't have to wait too long for it arrive! And, thank you :)
Muchlove - You would love it, I just know! It is very beautiful. And, thank you :)
Dearilou - Thank you! Definitely check out the book, it is very sweet :)
Elena-Lu - They sure are. Sometimes I'll stare at them for a few minutes to soak in their sweetness. And, thank you! :)
I love those shoes!! And that book is just simply adorable!!
That diary looks charming. Her illustrations are very nice.
what a great little book! I love journals, especially ones with illustrations.
cute skirt!
Milk - Thank you :) It's too adorable for words sometimes!
The Clothes Horse - Very much so! :)
Lauren - Me too :)
Jayne - Thank you :)
oh lovely lovely! everything in this post is charming! as you :)
xx
that looks like a beautiful book.
xxx
sydneygirl
Post a Comment