Friday, April 24, 2009

Just think lovely wonderful thoughts

"Do you know," Peter asked "why swallows build in the eaves of houses? It is to listen to the stories." - J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan



Dress: thrifted
Tights & shoes: Target
Scarf, ring, & barrette: H&M
Sunglasses: Kenneth Cole Reaction

I have been in somewhat of a fog for the last week. I wish that in reality this "fog" would translate to "Neverland," but alas, it does not. Sometimes I find myself daydreaming about the excitement that would come with existing in a Neverland - the quintessential place for those holding onto childhood. As the clarity of the daydream fades, I am reminded that "all children, except one, grow up." And I am not he.


20 comments:

Lexie said...

i love the 70s palette of your dress. beautiful.

Diana said...

i love your tights and i hope you relieve from your "fog" soon.

Narumi said...

Oh my those tights rocks, first time I see this green color ! The place where you live looks beautiful I love the woods behind you :)

elena-lu said...

go green! :)
neverland would be fun but i think too much excitement since there are pirates!! we can make our own neverlands can we not?
happy day to you lovely girl!!
elenalu

muchlove said...

such a lovely outfit, Emily! :)
ah, I often think I have Peter Pan syndrome... I don't consider myself a 'grown up'.

Erin Cathleen said...

The green tights... the page from Peter Pan... the seventies vibe... beautiful synchronicity! Me likey. :)

Amelia said...

Peter Pan is the best. I'm also officially in love with your dress and the wild color of your tights. I've been craving colorful tights lately.

yiqin; said...

The green tights are SO lovely! I wish it wasn't so hot here for me to wear tights!

milk said...

I seriously love the outfit! And Peter Pan!

tis serendipity said...

Aww... this makes me feel rather wistful and sad. I've never read the book before because I've always had the feeling that if I do, I'm just going to end up rather depressed the entire afternoon. ;p I kinda always wanted wendy and peter to get together haha silly hopeless romantic in me.

Gosh I love how bold those tights are!! I hope one day I'll muster up enough courage for that.

chelsea said...

The start of Peter Pan is probably my favorite book beginning ever. "Two is the beginning of the end." I found the most amazingly beautiful illustrated copy of Peter Pan. Maybe I'll scan and post some of the pictures sometime.
Fantastic green tights, by the way. Very lost boys.

Unknown said...

The text of this post made me laugh! I wish my fog were Narnia. You look lovely. And the sun there is wonderful to look at. And thank you for you get well wishes. Unfortunately I am still sick :(

Anonymous said...

oh, peter pan is truly sweet! and i find myself dreaming about neverland. the movie finding neverland is wonderful aswell!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Fun tights. I do love the story of Peter Pan...but I always felt Wendy got short-shifted!

Lauren said...

I love the color of those tights! I always get sad when I hink about Peter Pan because I realize how quickly I'm growing up and how much I don't want to.

Ariella said...

I love the colour palette of your outfit. It's so spring like!

I hope you can escape from the fog soon.

Jen said...

Green tights!!! Just lovely :)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

thank you everyone :)

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

those turquoise tights are fabulous!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

adela - thank you :)