Monday, June 8, 2009

Feelin' nautical

I was feeling nautical this past weekend. Thankfully, my wardrobe acquiesced to my wishes with this sailboat printed scarf and striped anchor sweater. I remained landlocked, however, despite my yearning for the sea. I hope to visit the coast this summer, preferably in southern Massachusetts or southern Maine, or both! :)




Outfit 1: T-shirt & shorts- Target, Scarf- thrifted, Shoes- American Eagle

Outfit 2: Sweater- thrifted, Layering tank- Target, Sunnies- Macy's,
Pants- H&M, Shoes- Keds


"Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow and vision of things not seen. We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds." - L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

21 comments:

milk said...

I'm in love with the sweater! and the shoes.
I've awarded you!

chelsea said...

Oo oo oo! I LOVE that anchor top!
And the Anne quote. Man, I have been jonesing for the mini series lately. Good thing I have it on DVD.

Lexie said...

i love those beat up keds!

Anonymous said...

your scarf is adorable!

Blair said...

Aw, I love the scarf!

<3

Amelia said...

I love this oh-so-much! The way you tied your scarf is perfect and I adore the anchor top. I could use more sailor-y stuff. I particularly want some sailor-style shorts.

Jen said...

Love your nautical look :)

C.Elizabeth and Natalia said...

I love the nautical theme! The anchor top is simply perfect. You look lovely!


C.Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Cute cute scarf. A yearning for the sea always gets me. And those azalea bushes are gorgeous. The sun in these pics are delightful.

I've give you 4 awards, gorgeous.

elena-lu said...

oh yes the scarf and the sweater too too sweet! glad you will get your sea wishes later :)

Blair said...

Thanks for the comment, Emily!

Yeah, the ribbon was already attached when I bought it..although i'm thinking of switching it to a blue one, i'm not much of a pink girl. ;)

<3

Raquel said...

oh darling love the scarf and the sweater!
I'm obsessed for Keds like shoes, having 2 pairs already but I'm thinking of buying another!

about summer, I wish I knew what I will do, my future seems so uncertain right now.
xx

Erin Cathleen said...

Oh, do visit both... and make my humble abode a New England destination. :) We'd have such a lovely time. I've discovered a new thrift shop! Interested in Michael Kors for $8? Yeah, I thought so! ;)

And I looove these nautical outfits. You continue to inspire me, as always. I'm also very envious of the lovely weather you appear to have had this past weekend. Today is bleak and rainy here (as you'll see when I post my photos later)... Blah. We're supposed to get rain all week! Hopefully it will be summery whenever you plan to visit. <3

Diana said...

you look adorable in your sweater! i love your photos!

muchlove said...

Love the thrifted scarf! You look lovely.

Andrea Eames said...

I love the scarf!

tis serendipity said...

Aww I love the second top.. and the keds!! The colors all go really well together.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Aw, I love that quote.
You definitely look sea-worthy. :)

Ariella said...

That anchor top is really cute! And so is the scarf :)

I've always lived close to the sea so for me not to see it for a long time would be quite difficult, I think. I hope you get to go to the seaside this summer!

Nicki's Notebook said...

aaw love the nautical look. great quote too! x

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Thank you for the comments, everyone :)