Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pockets and peonies




Dress, necklace, and shoes: H&M
Sunglasses: Macy's

This is the other dress I snagged on sale at H&M this past weekend. I hadn't been lusting after this one nearly as long as the blue beauty in my last post, but still, the purple and brown tree print became hard to resist. I love the cut and loose fit -- perfect for hot summer days and oh-so-comfortable. The subtly sweet pockets, pintucks, and button panel details are a plus, too. And the slightly puffed sleeves. I'm a sucker for puffed sleeves.

Oh pink peonies
Alive and sweetly fragrant,
richly picturesque.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

the shoes are great

Q's Daydream said...

That dress looks so vintage! H&M can be so amazing! :o)

chelsea said...

It's beautiful! I really adore it. I am a sucker for a great print.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That dress looks so comfy and you gotta love one that comes with pockets.

Lexie said...

i'm going to H&M this weekend! i hope i find something as lovely!

l said...

hah, I love h&m
and I love that you can basically put an entire outfit together just on clothes from there

Erin Cathleen said...

Hurray for pockets! And such a sweet print. But what I love most about this post (ah, rhyming) is your skill with haiku! :D

And I knew you'd remember that tunic. :) It fit me better two summers ago! Now it's more like a muuumuu, ha. :P

Diana said...

emily! look at your hair! it's soo long now!

i love the pattern of the dress, too

Diary of a Young Designer said...

You look adorable! The dress is so vintage cute!

xo
Sophie

muchlove said...

very sweet dress. and with pockets too!

yiqin; said...

The dress looks so good on you!!! :)

C.Elizabeth and Natalia said...

This is a very pretty dress! I really like the print... And I love the color of your shoes!

C.Elizabeth

Unknown said...

nice looking dress! :)))

xx

Unknown said...

So cute! The tree print is perfect for you. Gosh I miss H&M. I wish NZ had it, but alas it's way too small for such a giant multinational. Enjoy the sun, beautiful!

Raquel said...

this dress is very pretty too and looks so comfy (also if it has pockets the better!). and I like how wore red flats to contrast with it, really gorgeous!

hope you're having a lovely weekend.
xx

elena-lu said...

yes pockets are the best on dresses! love the pink of the flowers so gorgeous!

Amber said...

Not to make you buy another but the same style with a different print has come out. A gorgeous leaf pattern in light blues and greens. it looks so lovely on you and the shoes are great.