Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A dash of this, a pinch of that


I'm more fond of baking (probably because I seem to have an insatiable sweet tooth) than I am of cooking. Don't get me wrong, I do like to cook and have quite the habit of collecting recipes. My bookmarks folder on my web browser even boasts a tab dedicated solely to intriguing recipes I encounter while searching the internet. Sadly, most of these recipes (meals and baked goods alike) have been left to collect virtual dust. So, I've made it my goal to try at least 4 new recipes per month starting with August and continuing through December. I figure this is a good and reasonable start. Come December, I'll assess my challenge and decide how I want to continue from there. And, throughout the course of my little project I'll be sure to share successes here on my blog.

My latest infatuation has been with old-fashioned recipes. I think this is where I'll begin! :)

14 comments:

Blair said...

Fabulous idea!!

Erin Cathleen said...

I like this idea, too! At least you're collecting cooking sites... I have a nasty habit of collecting cookbooks that collect literal dust on my shelves. -_- I need to be more budget-friendly and start putting all my fabulous cookbooks to use! I'll let you know how things turn out. :) Can't wait to read your results on your blog!

Diana said...

i love this idea! you should try naomi's vegan recipes for baking, too. i tried them and thinking because they were vegan, they wouldn't be too sweet. i was sooo wrong! those vegans love their sweets!!!

muchlove said...

I like your goal! I just wish we lived nearby so I can taste test for you ;)
I've been baking brownies lately, but I haven't quite got the hang of it yet (so far it's either been way too gooey or too cakey).

Blair said...

Thanks for the comment!

I *wish* that tea strainer belonged to me...I was actually at a tea house at the time. :/

<3

Lexie said...

that's a really good goal to set for yourself. i'm so slack with cooking because my boyfriend loves to cook for me, and i never bake because i work at such a delicious bakery!

Amelia said...

My parents are always begging me to learn to cook. Baking is just so much more satisfying. This sounds like a lovely project, though.

yiqin; said...

I think baking needs a lot of patience. & I don't have that =x

Ariella said...

What a great idea! Good luck on keeping up with it! Maybe that's something I should try, too, since I have the tendency to cook the same stuff over and over again.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Cool goal. I LOVE baking, but unfortunately I have no one to bake for (my mother's diabetic...), so I make pound cake and it sits around forever!

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Really cool! I also enjoy backing more than cooking, though I haven't baked in a while because my apartment doesn't have an oven. =( Have an awesome time baking!

xo
Sophie

Unknown said...

I like that milk jug. I think either you're a baker or you're a cook or you're an eater. I'm definitely an eater. But at a push, I love to bake too. Good luck with the new mission.

Imogen said...

That sounds like a good idea, I hope it goes well. I would like to be able to cook more, I just haven't had much experience.

Noelle Chantal said...

oh this project of yours is quite exciting and interesting! i am not a good cook and i really don't know anything in the kitchen. but i would really like to learn how to bake too. im a sweet tooth too by the way! :)

good luck with this and i know you'll get better and better until December! excited to see some of your finish products here. :)