Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Inspired

I was inspired back in June to recreate a look I saw the fabulous dearilou share on her blog. It's no secret that I often gush in the comment box at how much I love dearilou's daily outfits - the girl has great style! I was drawn to this outfit particularly for the jeans and t-strap wedges combination. It doesn't end there though. The western shirt + cardigan = icing on the cake!

Above photo courtesy of dearilou.

As for my recreation, it quickly became a summer favorite. Why so long for me to share, you ask? To be honest, I was lazy and never got around to photographing it. Such is life sometimes. However, to make this outfit more autumn appropriate, I added a pair of brown knee high stockings to keep my peeping toes warm and voila! not only an inspired look from one blogger to another, but from one season to the next as well.

P.S. dearilou and I have since become penpals!



Cardigan & bag: H&M, Vintage shirt (via eBay), Second hand belt, Jeans: Old Navy, T-strap wedges: gift

12 comments:

Gabbi said...

Lovely outfit! And I didn't know Dearilou... off to see now♥. Hope your week is going well! : )

muchlove said...

You look so cute, Emily! I love it.

and that's so sweet that you've become penpals :)

chelsea said...

Eek! Your outfit IS truly inspired. I think it definitely outshines mine. I love the colors. And the addition of the belt. I also love how similar your t-straps are to mine, save for the peep toe.
I will be sending you a card tomorrow!

Tabitha said...

Great re-creation...I love how bloggers are inspired by other bloggers.

Lexie said...

sooo cute! i love plaid!

Sil said...

you reflect a perfect autumn look...

Erin Cathleen said...

I looove your autumnal take on this sweet outfit! You look simply adorable. And you rocked sandals and socks! :D

Noelle Chantal said...

lovely casual look! yes, the western shirt with a cute pale cardigan is a nice combo. i love how comfy this look. totally suits your style. :)

great picks!

emma wallace said...

How nice to have a spring and fall version of such an adorable outfit! I love your cozy brown cardi and cute socks and heels. Both comfy and pulled-together!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Diana said...

i love this story. i have so many projects i need to do photograph but it's the truth, i do get lazy, too.
Glad i'm not the only one.

I think your outfit is so classic and it never fails.

Imogen said...

What a wonderful picture for inspiration and you pulled this look off perfectly. You look adorable.

Amelia said...

Ooh, I have those t-straps, too. Aren't they the best? I like how you've paired them with socks :)