Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pen to paper


Dear mid-November,
You've come upon us so quickly! Tell me, how did that happen? Did you push and shove through the calendar, fighting your way to the forefront of our days? Or were you exercising furtiveness by creeping in while no one was looking? Either way, I wrote a poem for you. It's a brief reflection of how I've spent a portion of my day.

a quiet afternoon of
indoor coffee
sip sip sips
mug to lips.
warmed throat.

outdoor coat adorned
fade to gray
whittled branches spatter the skyline.

Love,
Emily

10 comments:

un petit lapin said...

I liked that little poem :)

muchlove said...

beautiful post and poem, Emily! It's so sweet. Hope you enjoy the rest of November (gosh, where did the year go?)

xx

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Absolutely wonderful poem! I hope November's a sweet month for you!

xo
Sophie

Diana said...

next thing you, it'll be Valentine's Day!!

I like the poem, it's so November!

Unknown said...

This is such a romantic poem. November's a lucky month to get such an homage ;)

Unfortunately, summer here is a bit of a no-go. It still feels like winter.

yiqin; said...

Lovely written!

emma wallace said...

What a nice poem! It is so gentle and wispy - just like the perfect November day! And the photo is beautiful!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Imogen said...

Beautiful poem, your writing is always so wonderful and inspiring. I agree- November has come so fast. Also, I tagged you on my blog.

Amelia said...

I love your poem! Especially the "fade to grey" line. I can't believe how fast October and November have gone. It still feels like September to me!

Gabbi said...

Beautiful poem Emily... and now December is around the corner. Scary how fast it goes right?