Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lazy day in a brown dress


Dress: thrifted, Cardigan: H&M, Tights: Hue,
Minnetonka moccasins, Pin: Much Love

This past week I was able to enjoy a no-work and obligation-free day. It was wonderful to lounge around and not have to worry about doing too much. To celebrate, I threw on one of my favorite dresses and spent some time outdoors. A slight breeze chilled my bare hands and swished through my hair as I ran and jumped about.

Some months back, I was given the Premium Meme Award by super-sweet Anna from Much Love. The award requests the recipient to list seven traits about themselves and then pass it on to seven other bloggers who deserve recognition for the personality they share on their blogs. While reading Anna's answers I was taken aback at how similar we both are. It's amusing to read traits about others and recognize yourself in the process.

As for my 7 traits:
I am quiet by default, a good listener, young at heart, a near-constant craver of sweets, easily amused, good-humored, and a noticer of little things.

16 comments:

Lexie said...

i too am a near constant craver of sweets! i think it runs in my family though.

muchlove said...

love love love your outfit! The brown and purple colours are so perfect together, and the yellow pin complements it so nicely :)

oh, and I almost forgot about this tag! After reading YOUR answers, I find that we are even more alike, dear Emily.

much love
xx

Q's Daydream said...

adorable photos my dear! :o)

Imogen said...

Perfect outfit Emily, and sweet pictures. Thank you so much for the award. I just posted it on my blog and I had to use some personality traits that you used because I couldn't think of any better way to describe myself. So I think we are very similar too.

elena-lu said...

very sweet! thank you :)
and cute photos! love jumping ha too cute!

Noelle Chantal said...

its nice to hear that you had a wonderful free day. you must be very exhausted with work and all. and that's the right time to wear your fave dress, play around relax and jump in these photos, right?

the first one is so cute!
guess you had a fun day. :)

Becca Joy said...

I love your dress, the colour and pattern are lovely.

Unknown said...

Your 7 traits are my 7 traits too! My sweet tooth is out of control. It's not just a tooth - it's my entire mouth :)

Jumping photos!!! Always a fave.

Sil said...

Ohhh you look so cute jumping around! Hope you had a great day!

Erin Cathleen said...

Sweet dress. Love how you grounded it with a brown cardigan but added some whimsy with the yellow pin and - yay! - maroon tights. Lovely talking to you earlier! I'll let you know how my shoe hunt goes tomorrow. <3 <3 <3

Gabbi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabbi said...

Lovely outfit dear Emily!♥ I love the combination of colors. Also, congratulations on the award. Good listener is a great trait... wish I was that! :)

Ariella said...

Gosh, that dress looks extremely pretty. I think brown is a really pretty colour on dresses.. it's just a bit sad that it's used so little.
I think we are very similar in many ways - I too, for instance always crave sweets, but I'm now trying to avoid sweets and sugar for 20 days while I do this detox cure. I'm only on my third day and it's already very challenging!

Diana said...

the way you describe yourself sounds like we need to be better friends :)

congrats on the awards!

Nicki's Notebook said...

cute outfit - and even cuter traits! thanks for sharing! x

Narumi said...

I love your purple tights and the yellow pin from Anna is really cute :) I see we have some traits in common !