Saturday, November 28, 2009

Prime Time


Over the last month or so, my mother and I have fallen into a pattern of watching one of our classic TV favorites, The Andy Griffith Show, each night after dinner. With wholesome television lacking these days, it's quite nice to escape into the endearing black and white world of yesteryear.

Andy Griffith stars as Sheriff Andy Taylor, a widower, raising his young son, Opie, in the fictional town of Mayberry, North Carolina. The show is rounded out with a cast of wonderful characters including Andy's Aunt Bee - a sweet, motherly figure and Barney Fife - Andy's goodhearted, bumbling deputy.



photo source

7 comments:

muchlove said...

I've never seen this before. It looks nice! I wouldn't be surprised it it's much better than what's on TV nowadays. Seriously, where have all the good shows gone?

Lexie said...

i fell asleep to that whistling theme song EVERY NIGHT of my whole life at home. a very fond memory.

Q's Daydream said...

Love this show!!! :o)

Gabbi said...

One of my favorites too... such a genius opening tune. I love how you and your mom watch it after dinner. It's amazing how family can bond with television isn't it? ♥

Imogen said...

I've actually never seen this before but I often enjoy watching older television series.

elena-lu said...

yup i love this one too! i loved how barney was the comic relief hes such a wonderful actor he did always make me laugh! and how can one not love aunt bee?! i always thought i'd bake like her but yeah i still havent really gotten there!
ahh what a good show that was! whats wrong with the world now adays that we have so much sex and bad language in everything we watch?! it used to be a minor part of tv now its the mainstream... how did thast happen exactly??? even the "racy" shows like all in the family and the "edgy" shows like mary tyler moore and the "new" shows like good times seem quaint compared to what's on now! those shows had their moment and had their impact but they actually had something to say about society what exactly do these current "reality" shows say to us?
ok well i'll get off my soap box!! and yes i loved that show i guess thats all i really should have said :)

Diana said...

I love this show!