Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stamped

One of the things I like most about receiving international mail is the envelope. Yes, instead of feverishly ripping into the weighted paper, I like to take the time to gaze upon the vessel that carried my sent items. More specifically, I like the stamps. Today's trip to the post office yielded a letter and package from my newest pen pal, Lynnette. Here, have a glimpse at the beautiful Singaporean stamps that brightened my mailbox:




8 comments:

Sam said...

Such beautiful stamps! They're great

muchlove said...

ooh, such pretty stamps!
I love getting mail with nice stamps too. Unfortunately a lot of the international mail I get lately just has that ugly "postage paid" sticker instead! I used to love collecting stamps when I was younger, and I still have my stamp collection at home - it includes a lot of great vintage ones I inherited from my grandad.

(wow, that was a long ramble!)

Erin Cathleen said...

So sweet! But now I'm longing to know what's inside. :) Thank you so much for your adorable note! My mom got the one you sent her, too, and she loves it. <3 'Twas very sweet and thoughtful of you. I'm so happy you could come visit!

Sarah-Lou said...

I love stamps too, especially the ones with birds and flowers - I love to think that somewhere, somebody chose a stamp carefully, just to please me!!

http://marosedessables.canalblog.com/

Diana said...

this is such a good idea! even if the package is brown and plain, the stamps make up for it!

Imogen said...

These are very pretty stamps. My boyfriend just got some mail from the Ukraine so I found those stamps interesting too.

Gabbi said...

Beautiful stamps! I couldn't agree more about it either... I love the stamps and also the markings the mail carriers leave.♥

lynnette said...

Awwww Emily XDD I'm so glad you liked the stamps!! Haha I was really lucky that the lady at the post office chose different ones that day! =DD

I'm so glad you received it!! Have been a little tied up with work in school but I can't wait to send you another package hopefully this week!!

Btw, how were the chocolate covered gummies? :) Were they to your liking? (just gimme the cold hard truth babeh!) what sort of candy do you like anyway? do you like sweet stuff/biscuits/salty crackers...??