Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wallet-friendly Wednesday

This installment of Wallet-friendly Wednesday features yours truly wearing her most recent finds rather than showcasing them on a clothes hanger.

Two Wednesdays ago, I ventured off to a Salvation Army I hadn't visited for a few years. This particular store is a little further out from my usual shopping radius, but I decided it was time to pay it another visit. I'm glad I did as I came away with two lovely vintage skirts.

Exhibit A cost $2.00. Look at the autumnal houndstooth print - I love it!

Hat and shirt: H&M, Belt: gift from Erin, Sweater tights: TJ Maxx, Shoes: Macy's

Exhibit B cost $1.50 and still had its original tags attached. Isn't it great when that happens?

Hat and sweater: H&M, Belt: thrifted, Locket: gift, Shoes: Target

I have a few more recent wallet-friendly treasures to share. I like this whole ''theme post'' idea, so even though I'm not a consistent blogger, expect to see me updating on Wednesdays at least ;)

17 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Both skirts are so nice. I need to visit Goodwill...I haven't found any I like in WA as much as the ones I visited in PA.

Lexie said...

that first skirt is beautiful! and they both fit so well!

Sil said...

the first skirt is to die for!!!

Diana said...

i love this feature. it's amazing when we find that small treasure in our town we forgot about.

you look so cute, emily! i can't wait to see what else you have.

Erin Cathleen said...

Aww, I love both of these looks. They're very well-styled. You look like a professional magazine editor; very stylish, with bookish charm. :) So cute! I'm obsessed with my vintage houndstooth skirts come winter... they're all I ever wear! I love how you paired your favorite H&M tee with the tan skirt.

And thanks for your sweet comments! I need to get more consistent with outfit posts, too. :P Blah.

chelsea said...

I am completely in love with your second look! It is so cozy and chic. That sweater looks insanely comfortable.

http://elfashionista.net said...

Really like the second look! have a lovely weekend
xxx

Ariella said...

I think it's great when people manage to wear stuff costing next to nothing so well, and you do! You look adorable in your beanie as well.

Kiki said...

i love your hats.. :)

muchlove said...

I love this theme post idea!! Both of these outfits are superb, Emily (I'm clicking on them to enlarge, so I can see every wonderful detail!). So chic and adorable. Loving the colour combos too.

Have a great weekend
xx

Imogen said...

I like the theme idea and these skirts are such excellent finds. I can't believe you got them for that price-amazing! I especially like the vintage style because often vintage skirts are hard to find in the shops.

Unknown said...

There's nothing better than getting some beautiful bargains like these.

Shame my hometown has zero vintage stores, but i should definitely have a rummage in the charity shops :)

Lovely blog by the way!
www.jeniwren.com

Gabbi said...

Wonderful finds Emily!! I love both skirts... you've inspired me to search my local Salvation Army shop.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Unknown said...

Two fantastic pencil skirts for amazing prizes. And I'm spotting a gorgeous collection of coloured hats for autumn, lovely. This is a great idea for a recurring theme.

Jen said...

Those skirts are gorgeous! And I love that you are modelling them for us too :)

elena-lu said...

you are adorable!

lynnette said...

Awww so sweet! :DD i love these looks... you carry off the beret so nicely! And both outfits look so warm and comfy... i can't believe how inexpensive things can get at thrift stores in the U.S! It just blows my mind away...