Tuesday, February 9, 2010

On pacts and patience

I made a vow a few months ago that I wouldn't grumble or complain about winter too much this year. I'm happy to report that I stayed true to my word and cannot recollect much recent animosity toward the aforementioned season. Good job, Emily. However, I am rejoicing in the fact that calendar winter is finally (FINALLY) drawing to a close. Just a little over a month and then it will be spring. *Insert enthusiastic exclamation here* Now comes waiting patiently for the temperatures to rise and the snow to melt. In the meantime, another storm is creeping in making me nervous about my drive in to work tomorrow morning. We've been fortunate to miss a few heavy storms this year, but it seems like when it does snow up here it's always in the early morning hours. I think I'll set my alarm a little earlier (yikes) just to be on the safe side...

Anyway, with my brain headed toward a one-track-spring-mindset, I've decided to share a few photos I found on my computer from early last spring (March, I think). I can't wait until the landscape looks like this again with the grass waking up from its winter slumber and the air smelling of new life. Oh, the handsome dude in the one photo with me is my younger brother. He's a goof.


Scarf and skirt: Gap, Jacket: Target, Cameo: $1 Store, Bracelet: Delia's

7 comments:

Lexie said...

awww! you and your younger brother are so cute!

Erin Cathleen said...

The picture of you and your bro is sweet. I can't believe how big he is! I still remember when he was a little thing, running around and terrorizing us during slumber parties. :P Ahh, memories.

chelsea said...

I think it is mandatory for younger brothers to be goofs. They can't get the job if they are not.

Ariella said...

You both look so cute! And lucky you having a goofy brother :)

I hope spring will come to you soon! Although to me at least, it already looks pretty springlike behind you in those pictures.

muchlove said...

tee hee, that's a cute pic of you and your brother! goofy brothers are the best.

emma wallace said...

How cute is that brother/sister photo!
I love your jacket so much! It's perfect.

I'm glad I never made a pact not to complain because I haven't stopped complaining, practically! Ha! But I have made myself promise not to whine about our hot weather because it seems like I can't have it both ways.


iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Diana said...

I think this is the first time I have seen you mention of a brother! you guys look close! i have two brothers of my own, so i can relate at their goofiness :P