Today I took my camera with me while running some errands in Albany. I was in one of those photo-taking moods, but didn't see anything that intrigued me enough to have a second look, either on foot or while driving, until I was back in my hometown around sunset. On a moment's notice, I pulled my car into an old cemetery intent on capturing the burning orange light sinking behind the treeline and the shadows cast by the weathered headstones. The latter didn't happen as I had planned as the light was fading too quickly. Within the short time frame it took me to get out of my car and take the lens cap off the camera the whole scene differed greatly from what I had seen from the road. Maybe I'll get there a little earlier tomorrow to try again.
While I'm on the subject of taking photos, here are a couple more from some rolls of film developed this past autumn.


Camera: Nikon FM 10
Lenses: Vivitar Soft II 52mm, Vivitar 52 mm Cross Screen VI
Film: Fujicolor Superia X-tra 400
Click photos for an enlarged view
14 comments:
Emily, these look great. I love the first one especially. The detail is amazing!
Ah, I know the feeling of missing a good photo opportunity :( The good thing is that sunsets happen every day, so you can always try again! I really want to take a photo of a sunrise and a sunset sometime soon. Were you going to take it with your film camera?
I love the attention to detail you have in your shots!
i love the broom shot!
Tee hee, so much for saving money, right? Since I couldn't find that romper we talked about, I had a few other splurges at my store instead. But I have to stock up on all my goodies because I'm leaving! I'll fill you in on all the deets soon (once I know them, lol).
Love these photos and can't wait to see more! The broom is really cool. :D
How completely ethereal is that second photo?! I imagine fairies dancing in the tree shadows.
The shots are so beautiful!
I too know the difficulty of catching the perfect light. The right moment never stays around for more then a few seconds it seems, and you've just got to be ready with your camera on and your lens cap off.
I'm in love with the second photo! It has a magical quality to it :]
Isn't that the thing with photography? You look for something beautiful but sometimes it just isn't meant to be captured. You kind of have to be content with having seen it in the first place and accepting that you won't see it in quite the same way again!
another set of beautiful photos! :)
I am soooo enjoying the little tee you sent me :D
I love the first picture. Ugh, the light can be so frustrating--how quickly it changes--but that's what makes photography beautiful, too. The momentary quality.
That's such a pity that you missed out on taking photos of the setting sun. Your description of the scenery really intrigued me and I hope you can capture it some other time. I love the photo of the light coming through the trees.
I hope you are well, Emily.
Love the lighting of the second photo <3
Hey! Dollface! Where have you been? Why no new posts?
aw hnoey i want to see your GC dress! :)
Post a Comment