
Spring is such a magnificent and delicious time of year. The correlation to a time of rebirth -- of youth, when things are new and fresh, surpasses the becoming qualities of all the other seasons combined. Or so it's nice to think. This spring, perhaps to appease once again the fancies of my thirteen year old self, I have been rereading a favorite series of books from childhood. There's no doubt my musings on this blog make it easy to detect my admiration for the stories of Lucy Maud Montgomery. Like happy carefree memories of girlhood, they make me feel safe in those moments when my eyes hungrily read from one page to the next. In the midst of this feverish reading, I came across a line in Emily Climbs that leaped off the page to be nestled snugly into my collection of favorite quotes henceforth: "For spring is just around the corner and I have forgotten everything but gladness."

How beautiful this semblance of words is to me! I marveled briefly over how I hadn't remembered this little morsel these last 12 some-odd years. Yet, delighted all the same in the thought that it remained on my bookshelf all this time waiting for me to rediscover and appreciate its sentiment. To be perfectly honest, a part of me cannot wait until next winter when I can dwell on these words and dream. But for now, spring is here and I am glad.
8 comments:
What a lovely quote and lovely lilac. We have some lilac growing out front of our apartment building. I've never had lilac in such close proximity. It is wonderful!
This is beautifully written, Emily. I love the new beginning, too.
flowers can make a smile upon any face! my mother really liked tulips! :) dear photos emily!
It is funny that you should ask about my Old Navy trousers. I loved them. Loved being the operative word here. Last night I sat down on the bed (not even anything strenuous!) and a huge hole ripped in the thigh. Le sigh. That being said, I have been wearing them none stop sine November. I originally bought them as work pants. They were rather thin, I'd say check into Gap for some trousers. I have pairs that are in almost perfect condition that I bought 5 years ago. You can usually find good sale deals on trousers to boot.
These photos are so gorgeous! And I love the quote!
iamemmamusic.blogspot.com
Lovely quote and such pretty blossoms. Ah, nature is bursting with life and colour. And I love sun twinkling between the lime green of the leaves;-)
emily :DD i love how you're revisting childhood books... i haven't had the time to do so but at least i'm finally reading novels again after a looong time (school hols are the only time i can do so agh).
btw, thanks so much for your comment! :D you're one of the few who actually gave me an answer about the dept store question hehe... heh yaa so apparently JC Penney aint great XD (another girl told me the same thing!)
if only you were in Seattle or nearer NYC eh?? X)
what've you been up to this week!! i'm def sending you your package before i leave for seattle heh
Pretty, pretty! How I'd love to romp around in your lovely yard. :) But is it still chilly where you are?
Post a Comment