Thursday, May 27, 2010

Make a wish

I turned 25 on Wednesday. Half way through my twenties already! Birthday celebrations are generally quiet affairs for me and truthfully I've come to enjoy them best that way. Warm May weather, pretty blossoms, dinner & cake with my family and my day is complete.



My mother tried something new this year and iced some of my lemon cupcakes with vanilla frosting. The combination was very flavorful, but nothing can out-do when they are simply topped with powdered (confectioners) sugar. She treated me to both. Mmm. ♥


Birthday dress
Dress: H&M The Garden Collection, Cardigan: Target (old), Shoes: Aldo

This dress has been hanging on the back of my bedroom door since March. I've been tempted by it for months, but ignored its calls to be worn so that its first outing would be as my birthday dress. Organic cotton? Two floral prints in one? Big, billowy pockets? Yes, please.

11 comments:

chelsea said...

Oh my gosh! Did I know about this? Your birthday, I mean? I feel remiss! I have to go out right away and find a wonderful card to send to you.
Happy birthday! I hope twenty five is splendid!

Blair said...

Wow, what a pretty dress...and happy birthday girl!!

:)

Lexie said...

happy birthday, emily!

muchlove said...

It was your birthday?? Oh I wish I had known so I could have said Happy Birthday on Wednesday! Well, happy belated birthday then! :)
Your dress is gorgeous. It matches the colourful flowers and cupcakes too. Perfect!

xx

Ariella said...

Happy belated birthday, dear! You were lucky to enjoy such wonderful weather on your day :) It looks beautiful with all those pretty, pretty cakes. Oh, and the garden collection dress looks perfect among all the blossoms!

To answer your question, my parents thought Israel was a lot better than they had thought. Much greener and much more western (they'd thought it'd be like Turkey or Egypt), so they were pleasantly surprised :)

emma wallace said...

What a perfect birthday dress! And the photos all look so lovely, spring-y and celebratory! Hooray and Happy Birthday!
iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Raquel said...

oh dear! glad you finally wore your garden collection dress! it definitely inspired me!
oh and yummy cupcakes they should have been tasty!!

also, how do you feel now you're 25? I don't like passing birthdays so much :/ I turn 23 in August and I would gladly stop now at 22! hahah!

oh and again, this is a perfect birthday dress!

L.I.N said...

happy birthday! may you have many happy returns :)

and oh, what a pretty dress!

Ruthie said...

Love your Sweet Blog and your cute outfit!

I'm following for sure.........xxxx

www.littlelostfox.blogspot.com

dotie said...

cute dress!
it says on your profile that you enjoy baklava, I'm addicted to it as well..yum :)

eclectic du jour

lynnette said...

perfect bday dress!! :DD the garden collection had quite a lot of nice prints...

those cupcakes your mum made for you look sooooo yummy!! I LOVE LEMON CUPCAKES! Lemon Meringue cakes... Lemon Squares...anything with the lemony taste... oh man i'm now like totally craving for some lemon meringue cake haha...