Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Sunlight is painting"

This afternoon's intermittent sunlight brought to mind this partial* quote I borrowed for today's post title. Breaking through the clouds it poured forth coloring everything it touched with its illuminating wash and brushstrokes of warmth.



Dress: H&M, Top: Target, Brooch: thrifted
Sandals: Delia's, Sunglasses: TJ Maxx

*"Moonlight is sculpture; sunlight is painting." - Nathaniel Hawthorne, Passages from the American Notebooks, Volume 1

13 comments:

emma wallace said...

These are such luminous photos! How gorgeous!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you look sooo pretty! ^*

muchlove said...

You look adorable Emily! I love how sunny and happy these photos are :)
And great find on the brooch! I need to start rummaging around the accessories section of the thrift stores more often.

chelsea said...

You look so cute. I love that dress!

Lexie said...

i like that white top a lot!

Raquel said...

love it all dear, but i so want that brooch!
glad you enjoyed the sun, I did too! too bad he is hiding from me again :/

Ariella said...

Oh, Emily, you look absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about the outfit, from the shades to the shapes. Lovely!

Diana said...

I love the photos, your outfit and the brooch! I'm glad Winter is over for you, more outfit posts I've noticed!

Unknown said...

you looks so sweet lovely;y pictures amazing post

Erin Cathleen said...

This outfit makes me go EEEEE! Happy birthday, Em! :)

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THE COOL SPIRIT OF YOUR TRENDY BLOG, BRAVO FÉLICITATIONS, BEST, STÉPHANE - WWW.LUXE-ET-VANITES.BLOGSPOT.COM

Noelle Chantal said...

aww you look really pretty in this outfit Emily. plus you look so happy! i guess the weather over there is just perfect. and i love the vintage feel to the brooch. :)

lynnette said...

ooo i think that's a perfect way to jazz up any sundress!! :D it's like different from the usual cardigan and not as obvious as a shirt knotted at the bottom... such a pretty type of outerwear!! this one's a keeper...