Thursday, July 29, 2010
Barefoot on a summer night
Tuesday night my sister, her friend, and I spent the better portion of our evening immersed in the musical extravaganza of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. We made our way to the venue (smack-dab in the middle of a strip-mall. Yes, that's right. Right next to a dollar store) in time to hear the opening act (made up of several members of the Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros band) finish up their last few songs. There were more people there than we anticipated, so we ended up against these metal railing barriers to the left of the stage. Being of a short stature, my face is always an easy target for wayward elbows in tightly packed places of this nature and so, I took matters into my own hands and perched myself up on that railing (no more than 3-4 inches in diameter, mind you). The view was pretty good and I was pleased to be able to watch the band perform rather than just hear them play. The whole concert experience feels much more complete that way. My photos came out rather shaky because for some reason the steady-shot feature had been turned off, but it ended up not being a bad thing in the least bit. The way the lights and movements were captured complemented the ambiance of the evening quite nicely.
Have you seen any live music this summer?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Personally, I kind of like the streaky lights look that these shots have in them. More character that way.
The only live music I have "seen" was the disastrous music in the park with She&Him. Seriously? They put them in the orchestra pit or something. Not a cute dress to be seen. So sad.
Cool shots! Looks like a fun show. Let's see, I very nearly saw She & Him this summer, missed Hanson twice, and am now missing the Swell Season. :P Does attempted concert attendance count? ^_^
Still thinking we should crash Newport Folk Festival with our clever Marketa Iglova disguise... no one will ever know! >:D
these guys seem like they'd be AMAZING live! i'm so jealous. i'm going to see tom petty and the arcade fire next month -- so pumped!
My boyfriend discovered their hit song last weekend, and I have to admit that by Sunday night after repetitive choruses and dancing around the kitchen to it, I didn't really want to hear it every again! I do think they're a talented band though, and I'm right behind climbing on things for a better view!
I haven't seen any live music in forever, unfortunately, except for the cheesy mexican variety, and the occasional mariachi! ; )
Post a Comment