Monday, July 26, 2010

Skip, skip, skip to my Lou

Photographs 024
The photo sequence of me skipping was quite comical upon review.
Oh the fun one can get into during a 10 second self-timed photo shoot ;)

Anyway. This is my new favorite shirt. I had been looking for a vintage Levi's button up (men's or women's) on and off for about 5 years. I say on and off because sometimes I remember to look for them and sometimes I don't. I recently spotted two women's button ups at a Salvation Army I don't frequent very often. One was a perfect brown and purple plaid, but unfortunately had an enormous tear in it that seemed near impossible to fix and fix well. The other was rainbow plaid. Yes, rainbow plaid. It was so gaudy it was almost cool. To be perfectly honest, it made me think of Rainbow Brite meets Little House on the Prairie. Yeah, picture that in your mind's eye! Needless to say, I passed. Then, lo and behold, I was at my favorite Salvation Army not too long ago and was making my way out when I felt the urge to check through the men's department. I can't explain it, but I knew there would be a Levi's button up there that day.

Photographs 021

Photographs 022

It was windy out on this particular day. I smartened up after a bit and pulled my hair back. Much better!

Photographs 009
Shirt: vintage Levi's Colorgraphs button up (men's), Shorts: self-made from old Levi's, Belt: secondhand,
Rings: secondhand, Wedges: Target, Sunglasses: Kenneth Cole Reaction

9 comments:

Imogen said...

These are very fun pictures and I adore your new shirt. I like the print and the colours are perfect. I love the way you paired it with the rest of your outfit. It must be so good to have finally found something you have been looking for for such a long time. I'm in the same situation with a red skirt.

chelsea said...

Oh, I just love when that happens! I remember when I as desperately looking for a black cardigan. I had basically given up when, on a trip to Seattle with a friend we decided to go to Banana Republic, a store I had never been in. There it was. My cardigan. And it was on sale. Talk about fate. That was 6 years ago and I still wear the cardigan all the friggin time.
You look lovely, it is a great shirt, I hope you are happy with it for a very long time. Oh, and I had silly Skip To My Lou stuck in my head for hours after reading this post.

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I also have Skip to My Lou stuck in my head!

That is a great shirt! I've also been on the hunt for something of the sort, in a very lazy way. I feel like the checkered shirt thing became a bit too popular last winter, leading to all the cheap knock-off stores mass-producing them, and somehow the sheer numbers made it almost impossible and quite exhausting to find a good one! I love the colours of yours though, and the size of it: definitely menswear but it fits well!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Oh, and nice skipping by the way! That goes without saying!

Lexie said...

if you had tied up your shirt we could have been twins!

Erin Cathleen said...

Wee! It was meant to be! I've been searching for the right men's shirt to come along for ages, too. I'll have to show you my new favorite $1 button-down that's women's but has that oversized menswear look to it... it's chambray, not plaid, but it quenches that desire for now!

No matter where we find ourselves this weekend, I hope we can do some major thrifting! :D

emma wallace said...

So cute! And it's a perfect summer shirt!

milk said...

I love those shoes!!!!!
cute pictures!

Raquel said...

you know what was the first thought I had when I saw you wearing that shirt? "em just looks like bella swan!" hehe, I don't know if you'll take it as a compliment, but I assure you it is!! :) it is lovely and just so fun!
but I must say my favorite think from your outfit is that amazing pair of sandals! I want them!! ;)