Monday, September 20, 2010

Home Sweet Home

After a spending a week away, I am home again. It feels so good to sleep in my own bed!

Did you enjoy the guest posts last week? I hope so! I want to extend another big thank you to Anna for sharing her incredible photos of Indonesia, Ariella for her scrumptious honey cake recipe, and Chelsea for giving us a peek at her gorgeous old book collection!

Where did my travels take me, you ask? Ocean City, Maryland!

My friends and I had a wonderful time. Our days were filled to the brim with equal parts fun and relaxation. Unbeknown to us, it was ''bike week'' down there. Oh my. It wasn't so bad, though. We decided that we'd rather hear the near constant rumble of motorcycles over screaming children any day. To be perfectly honest, Ocean City was actually a little too touristy for me. The condo we stayed in was further up the strip away from the boardwalk which I found to be a relief. I don't think I would have really enjoyed being closer to the noise and activity. That's not to say I didn't have a good time - I certainly did! The boardwalk was fun, but in small doses. Our condo was ocean-side which I loved. The walk to the beach was only half a block and the ocean was in sight all the time.

We took several day trips out of Ocean City which I'll share another time. I used 5 rolls of film while on vacation and I'm eager to get them developed! I'll be dropping them off tomorrow, so posts with those pictures should start popping up next week!

To tide (ha ha) you over, here is a silly little picture of me on the pier in Ocean City.

Yes, the fingers on my right hand are all wrapped up. I had an unfortunate incident while pouring a cup of tea last Saturday morning which resulted in some first and (minor) second degree burns across my hand. There's nothing like a trip to the emergency room the day before vacation, huh? I am a-ok and my fingers have been on the mend since.

On our last day we woke up early to see the sunrise on the beach. It was the perfect send-off.

5 comments:

chelsea said...

What an amazing sunrise! I am so glad you had fun and can't wait to see more photos.
Eek about the hand though, however did you manage that? Who knew tea could be so dangerous?

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Tea is a very dangerous substance, apparently! The boardwalk may have been touristy but the sunset looks as resplendently tranquil as one could hope for.

Lexie said...

i am so glad you actually went to the ER for your burn -- one of my colleagues over the summer burnt her hand on boiling water and she didnt go and it got badly infected! yay for being smart! i am glad it didnt hinder your vacay though ... i cant wait to see pictures!

Raquel said...

glad your back Emily! though I really enjoyed the guest posts :)
looks like you had fun and I can't wait to see the pictures you took, judging from this last one, if they're near this, they're amazing!
hope your hand is better now, burns are really hard to deal with, especially involving our hands! :/

muchlove said...

oh wow, that sunrise is seriously stunning! I'm looking forward to seeing the results from the 5 rolls of film too. I bet there's a lot of awesomeness in it!

Oh dear, your poor fingers :( glad to know it's on the mend though.. Was it hard taking photos with a wrapped up hand? I imagine it would be a little challenging

Oh, and you asked about what I'm using my thrifted basket for... well for now, it's on top of my fridge and I've been keeping letters in it. Not very exciting, huh? haha..

xx