Late afternoons offer up plenty that is pleasing to the eye. The rays of sun beating in through the window, though fading in strength, catch the most delicate and varied objects to rest upon and illuminate. Here I am waxing poetic again about the sunshine. I can't help myself - spring fever must be setting in. I've been noticing far too many good things lately and letting them pass by without some documentation has been out of the question. With that said, here are some little bits of this past Sunday afternoon coated in sunshine and meager winter warmth:
Curtain meets armchair. On the verge of gaudy...
or, as I like to call it, ''clash of the floral.''
Dust coated cobwebs and dried roses in a mason jar. Rustic-romantic?
9 comments:
i like the opener "waxing poetic" wonderful lines. love this clash of florals and the cobwebs are very rustic romantic!
my curtain and bed spread are definitely clashing florals! i don't mind too much though!
I love the description of meager winter warmth, I can just imagine the sunlight warming the room very slightly. The cobwebs are rustic romantic, but they would definitely have me sneezing. ; )
I like the "clashing florals!" Rebelling granny chic style, eh?
Romantic. Definitely. I used to have some little dried buds in a little vase, but Olive got to them. she likes to chew on anything to get attention.
rustic -romantic indeed, emily. and thanks for the sweet words. I'll be needing that kind of positive reenforcement as i birth the last portion of this chapter. :)
i've always liked roses more after they've wilted a bit. i dunno what it is about them. they just seem more... honest.
I love your clash of the floral, your third picture is simply fantastic! Anyway, this reminds me of Jane Austen's novels :)
Looks peaceful, cosy and idyllic. Afternoon sun is the best. Unfortunately since moving apartments, I get morning sun now which is a whole different experience.
Very pretty pictures! Very rustic romantic, yes! xxxxx
Post a Comment