I've been having a love affair today with Irish Breakfast tea. Every so often I single out a particular blend and drink to my heart's content for the day. Or a few days. Heck, sometimes even a week. There's really no telling. As I type this I'm on my third cup for the day (don't worry, it's decaffeinated) and enjoying every moment of it. I know it's not real-deal Irish tea as Twinings is based in England, but the prices in the import aisle of the market are scary. One of these days I'll muster up the courage to drop $7+ dollars on a box of tea shipped straight over from Ireland. Come to think of it, it's not really any worse than buying two boxes of regular priced tea in one shopping trip. Ah, those pesky mind games!
Anyway, so all this tea drinking has me caught up in daydreams of Ireland. I've never been before, though it's most certainly on my list of places to visit one day. Until then, this little collage of Donegal tweed, wool plaid and Ballykissangel will have to suffice. Ballykissangel?! Yep, in high school when my peers were into whoever-knows-what, I would tune in to PBS for the drama-filled tales of an English priest working in a rural Irish village. One subsequent summer I borrowed the entire series from the library, but haven't watched any episodes in probably 5 years or more. Methinks its time to order them again...

8 comments:
TEA <3
My favourite is Earl Grey at the moment, I will have to try some Irish Tea! I know bloggers send exchange parcels to each other sometimes...I'd definitely send you some bona fide Irish tea in yours! (I live in England, but close enough to be able to find some ;)
I like reading your blog...thanks for sharing!
Emily, you made me wish for tea. I think I've been drinking too much coffee and I'm getting quite fed up with it, must get back to tea!
I would love to visit Ireland someday (I must now since I'll be living so close) but I can't wait to explore England and Scotland more, I'm really excited to do it.
And that cardigan from the set looks so warm that made me wish for cold weather, haha! Wanna trade? :P
this was just charmingly delightful. love pure irishness of the collage. the kints, plaid and of course greeen. wonderful!
i have recently switched from coffee to tea! so far i really love chai (obvs), earl grey, and yerba matte. this little tea collage is lovely -- i am a sucker for shawl-collar cardigans!
Oh, this is my absolute dream vacation! I mean, I want to go to Iceland, South Africa, Hawaii, but Ireland is my top dream. I'll have to check out that series. And I love all the tweed!
yummy tea! I used to be a coffee drinker, but now I am obsessed with black tea. It's Twinings' fault, really.
Eep, I don't even know where to start... I want the cardigan, the blanket, the socks... and the scone (already had two cups of caffeinated tea this morning).
I loved Ballykissangel too in high school (or maybe university, I can't keep track). My whole family would sit like addicts on Sunday night, and we were pretty devastated at the end of season three.
I always really loved Stephen Tompkinson (can't actually remember if that's how you spell his name), and one movie I recommend if you haven't seen it, with him in it, is Brassed Off. Set in a Northern mining town, about a brass band. It's great. : )
Great polyvore. Now I have to do see if the library here has Ballykissangel. I won't hold my breath, however. You'd think Chicago would have everything, but they don't even have Avonlea and the library back home did. Bummer.
Post a Comment