Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Darkness is a harsh term don't you think?
Up until a few days ago I had a mystery roll of film in one of my cameras. I couldn't remember when I started it, what was on it, or if I was saving it for something particular. After getting it developed today, I was reminded of all the random autumn-winter-very early spring moments I had captured in fleeting little flashes.
Of those said moments, I selected to share this trio for their similarity in tone: varying degrees of black and grey with light focal points. Completely unintentional in their congruent composition and very unlike the rest of the roll, I couldn't help but be drawn to these. Perhaps it is the soft, transient beauty of the fading rays of sun, the advancing shadows, or the back-lit and blue-grey tinted lace that has captivated my attention so.
Camera: Kodak VR35 K40
Film: Fujifilm 200
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
The first picture reminds me of 'Carnivale'... so much lately has been reminding me of that show! You are quite the photographer, and you write beautifully.
Often the best thing about film is forgetting and then remembering, isn't it? :)
Polka dot tights are really the best. And that light is gorgeous, it's the sort you could sit and stare at for hours and hours and not tire of.
Oh Emily, I love the last picture (well, I love them all). I am not a photographer, nor am I going to pretend to know anything about it, but I really like pictures of light and lace, especially when I can't tell what time of day it was taken in. I'm now going to stop embarrassing myself.
hearts, laura♥
the blog of worldly delights
truly beautiful words. gorgeous description: transient beauty of the fading rays of sun.... you take the images to imagery of words. the subtle darkness is hauntingly beautiful
Really pretty pictures!
(Mumford & Sons... :)
I absolutely LOVE developing old film! It is always such a surprise!
x
www.lostinthehaze.com
And like always, your photos are lovely! Darkness is indeed a harsh term and my favourite dark photo is the last one.
that first picture is stunning.
Beautiful shadows and light here. I particularly like the one of your legs; there's a truly mysterious quality which you wouldn't normally find in a shot like that...
Post a Comment