Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An introduction




I couldn't help but write up a quick post introducing my fantastic new bison ring. I saw, I swooned, I bought. It's true, I am more fond of this piece of jewelry than perhaps I should be. EEEE, IT'S A BISON RING! You don't know how this excites my nerdy little heart. You see, for as long as I can remember I've been fascinated by the Old West. Conestoga wagons and the Oregon Trail, bison herds and cattle drives, Native American culture and folklore... you get the picture. So, imagine said excitement when I stumbled upon Sea of Bees, a delightful Etsy shop of whimsical handmade jewelry all in the likenesses of wild, woodland animals! Bison, elk and deer galore! I'm already contemplating another purchase... or two.



Look at that face!

P.S. That pretty shawl in the first two photos was sent to me (along with a few other lovely items) by the ever-sweet L. of Hey Nancy. It will surely turn up in a (or several) outfit posts in the future. Thank you again, L.!

9 comments:

laura said...

EEEE a Bison ring! I love it :) I actually have that seller on my faves in etsy because I totally want to buy the bird barrettes (when I have moneyz... ( )
hearts, laura♥
the blog of worldly delights

chelsea said...

It is a pretty sweet ring. I loved the shop when you sent me the link. I sent it to my sister-in-law who is even more obsessed with wolves than I am. I think I might buy it for her for her birthday.. and maybe pick one up for me too!

Raquel said...

Aww Emily, that ring is amazing, adorable and fierce at the same time! It looks like it's out from a wall (an impaled head), such a quirky little piece :)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Sea of Bees is a great shop. You've reminded me that I was drooling in a purchase-friendly kind of way over their bear necklace--I do like Canadiana after all ; ) And I didn't even know they had bison rings... this is going to be disastrous once I get an address again...

SOJOURNED IN STYLE said...

a ring with an animal head, how adorable. what a face! I just saw her etsy shop, such a variety of animalistic with a touch of whimsy goodness!

Lexie said...

pardon my french, but that is a bad ass looking ring, girl! :)

Louise said...

I've never heard of that shop! Thanks for sharing-- that ring is adorable!

Rebeccak said...

coolest ring ever! Ag this makes me wish I wore jewellery more often!

Louise said...

What an awesome ring! I think the Old West is fascinating too. I like how majestic it almost looks, in its expression! The weather looks beautiful there - and I like your (purple? grey?) jeans!
You're welcome! Thank you again too :D